Several members have noted orientation issues when loading images to profiles, and avatars and posts. The underlying cause is almost always a picture that is taken with a smart phone or tablet.
These devices often rotate images in their viewer so that they always appear right side up regardless of how you are holding your device.
When the pics are saved on these devices they retain info about their true orientation ion the meta-data for the image. When loaded to the forum, the forum software only reads that data and has no way to auto-rotate them.
The solution is to pull your image into an image editor of some sort and then, rotate and resave it.
If you are an iphone or ipad user here are some instructions:
- Launch the Photos app on your device.
- Find the photo that you'd like to rotate and tap on it to open.
- Next, tap the hamburger menu along the bottom of your screen.
- Tap on the crop button in the bottom menu.
- Tap on the rotate button on the bottom left. It's a box with a curved arrow. Keep tapping it until the photo is rotated the way you'd like.
- Tap the Done button.
If you still can't figure this out, you can load your image to this thread and we'll straighten it out for you.