Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-22-2004, 05:47 PM   #1
Montana_2205
Established Member

M.O.C. #2205
Hi from Tennessee

Hello everybody!! I feel like I know many of you already, since I've been on this site almost every day since the first week of September. That's the week I looked at my first Montana and fell in love.

My family has been traveling with a pop-up camper for 8 years. Most of our traveling has been around the South or Southwest. We finally deciding we were missing out on alot of this beautiful country and wanted more freedom to go where and when we wanted.

So we added Hank and Mo to our family. "Hank" is my husband's dream truck (his previous vehicle had died a natural death anyway so the timing was good). "Mo" is our 3400RL Montana. My husband and our 14 year old son named them after we got back from our shakedown trip through Indiana, Michigan and Ohio last week. Can you believe that is the first time I have been north of Kentucky in my life? I was thrilled and enjoyed every minute. What great people live in this country!!

Montana_2205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 06:13 PM   #2
azstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #740
Hello, Scott & Cindy,

Welcome to MOC. It's always great to hear from our new members.

Yes there's a lot of beautiful places & people out there just waiting to be seen by ya'll.

We travel to the Adirondack's in NY from AZ every summer and try to pick a different route each year. Tenn. is one of our favorite places to spend a week or so whenever we take the Southern Route.

Again welcome and hope to see you out there on the Trail some day.
azstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 08:35 PM   #3
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Welcome Scott and Cindy! Thanks for sharing a little bit of yourselves. It's great fun to learn about new members. Join in and have fun. Happyrving.....
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 01:33 AM   #4
faeb and genb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #57
WElcome from W Ky. We live 100 miles N. of Nashville. Good to see you posting.
Gene
faeb and genb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 05:54 AM   #5
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Welcome Scott and Cindy, We are so glad that you joined and look forward to hearing about all your great adventures. Happy RVing
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 07:28 AM   #6
vickster
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1165
Welcome aboard Scott and Cindy! Know you will continue to enjoy this web site as well as your new Monty for they are both GREAT!!
Like you, we too traveled in our pop-up the past five years, putting on over 40,000 miles! Figured it was time to get into some real comfort and travel in style. The 3400 is a wonderful unit. Enjoy and many continued happy trails to you ....
vickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 12:09 PM   #7
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Hey, Great truck and great floor plan. Good choice. Your gonna love it! Nothin' wrong with popup, but this is a brand new world of comfort and opportunity. Welcome to the MOC Forum . Will be lookin' forward to your posts.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 01:02 PM   #8
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Welcome Scott & Cindy to the MOC family.
We sure are glad you finally decided to jump in and get aquainted.
Now let's not be a stranger.
If you have any questions or concerns or maybe some answers or advise, whatever, jump back in anytime.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 02:44 PM   #9
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Hi Scott and Cindy, welcome to the forum, join in on the fun.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 05:39 PM   #10
JLBOZ60
Montana Master

M.O.C. #826
Hi Scott & Cindy, we are glad that you have joined the MOC forum. The KOA campground in Manchester is a great place to stay. We have stayed there a few times and highly recommend it.
JLBOZ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 06:04 PM   #11
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Hi Hank n Mo,

Vicki saw your post first and really liked your userid and description of how it came about and what it means. She actually read it out loud to me! Your son did well.

Congratulations on the new Ford truck, too. Awesome towing machine you have there. Likewise, congrats on the new Montana. The 3400 is one of our favorite floorplans. Hope you enjoy both of them to the hilt.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 07:14 PM   #12
Montana_1520
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1520
Well welcome Hank n Mo, Scott, Cindy and son. We're glad to hear from you. Keep those messages coming. We all love to hear from one another.
#29 fans Chuck and Linda Clements
Posey, CA
04 3670RL Big Sky
04 Chevy 3500 CC Dually 4WD Duramax/Allison
Montana_1520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 03:53 PM   #13
Montana_2205
Established Member

M.O.C. #2205
Thanks to all of you for the kind welcome. We are enjoying Hank and Mo alot! The 14 year old son is the youngest of 5 children and is in the enviable position of being the only one left at home to enjoy Mom and Dad's new toys. He enjoys the MOC website also and is the one who made sure all the truck details were in the signature!

SON: Yep. I'm Timothy, the youngest of them all! I think I was a big influence on my dad's truck decision. Of course we knew it was going to be a Ford, but I helped with the details. I hope to be posting here also from time to time!

OK, Cindy's back. Timothy's a huge Ford fan so our first trip in the new rig was to Detroit to visit the Henry Ford museum and see the Rouge Factory tour. I highly recommend this trip. It's very interesting and reasonably priced.

Thanks again to all of you!
Cindy (and son)

Montana_2205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 04:23 PM   #14
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Welcome, Timothy! This is great, a family post! Timothy, having once, very long ago, been your age and having had three children who were your age, also very long ago , I suspect you "influenced" the details of that truck purchase thinking by the time you can drive on your own you'll have "influenced" them to buy another and let you have this one! Didn't work for me, by the way, but I wish you better luck than I had. Good to see you here.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote