PDA

View Full Version : tire insurance

rgries
11-14-2015, 03:05 PM
Has anyone taken out tire insurance? Dealer said it has to be done when unit is purchased.

rohrmann
11-14-2015, 03:24 PM
We don't have tire coverage, but don't believe the dealer. If you think you need a tire policy, you can get one from Coach-Net, and I'm sure there are others. The dealers will tell you anything to sell insurance for your rig, as they get a large commission for those policies.

1retired06
11-14-2015, 03:42 PM
Have never had a dealer bring the subject up. Except for the G614s, best insurance is to get rid of the cheap OEM tires ASAP.

DQDick
11-15-2015, 12:19 AM
Walmart offered it to me for ten bucks a tire. Since I've never worn a tire out on my truck, but have put plenty of thorns and nails thru the sidewalls it seemed like a good idea for the price.

washley1
11-15-2015, 02:31 AM
I got it on my wife's car, but it was a bit unusual. The car has four run flat Pirrellis, which are outlandishly expensive. If they do get damaged they have to be replaced. With the policy we bought they are totally replaced for free no matter what happens. The policy cost about the same as one new tire, but I now have no tire worries on her car for 4 years. Wish Keystone had something like THAT!!

timandsusan
11-15-2015, 03:45 AM
I have road hazard insurance on my tires. I assume this is what you are talking about. I has worked well for me. Cheap - relative a new tire at a tire dealer--and no questioned asked when I use it.

BB_TX
11-15-2015, 04:45 AM
In something over a million miles on our vehicles over 50+ years I have lost a total of one tire to road hazard. And have never bought road hazard insurance. Even a tire on my truck punctured by a 6" long 1/4" diameter steel rod was successfully repaired by a Goodyear store. I think I am well ahead money wise.

mazboy
11-16-2015, 02:59 AM
for the truck I buy my tires from firestone and then get the rotate/balance package from walmart.

road hazard insurance is a waste of money in my opinion.

timandsusan
11-17-2015, 03:51 AM
Since 2 responders say--forget road hazard insurance--I can respond. It has paid off for me! So that is 2-1 in the informal voting. I do believe everyone is FREE to make their own decisions and spend their own money how ever they want to. BB and mazboy have their opinion--I can have mine.

mlh
11-17-2015, 04:07 AM
I don't know what my vote would be it would have paid off once for me in 50 years. Would that be get insurance of forget insurance???
Lynwood

Twopetes
11-17-2015, 12:45 PM
I am not sure if this is about trailer or truck tires. I have insurance on the trailer tires, and of course I lost a tire on the truck coming back from Savannah pulling the 5er.

But I think the insurance on the trailer is worth it. Mine is part of an overall policy to cover issues with the trailer

I guess to each his own.

Mudchief
11-17-2015, 05:24 PM
When we purchased our new unit they offered that same policy to us. It covered the trailer and truck. I did not purchase it.