Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Forum Help | Announcements | Suggestion Box
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2022, 05:36 PM   #1
offroad71
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11329
Political Views

This forum is suppose to be about talk about Montana's, to help each other that need help. I noticed their are a few that are bringing in their political views, this forum is NOT the place for that. For those that are, you need to keep them to yourself. The "Powers To Be" need to delete these responses before they hit the forum.

Old 05-15-2022, 05:52 PM   #2
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad71 View Post
The "Powers To Be" need to delete these responses before they hit the forum.
Thanks for the reminder about No political comments or opinions. Just to be clear, the "Powers To Be" don't see the Posts until they have been made. We are just like you. We do try to catch and delete them but it doesn't happen instantaneously. Now thanks to few inconsiderate members, several Threads have been Closed due to inappropriate comments.

This why we can't have nice things kids!

Old 05-15-2022, 06:56 PM   #3
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
You will also notice a small red triangle in the bottom left corner of a post. You can click on that triangle to report a post you feel is improper.
Old 05-15-2022, 07:11 PM   #4
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
OK Bill what is the green button for? I’m thinking meets your approval. ?
Lynwood
Old 05-15-2022, 07:16 PM   #5
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Ah, the great political debate! It doesn't matter which side you are on, or which side you are not on, it's never the right side it seems. Lots of discussions, lots of hot tempers, lots of people that don't get along.

I said all that, because I'm reminded of a "Star Trek, the Next Generation" episode when "Q" (remember "Q"), challenged Captain Pickard and granted him 3 wishes. Maybe you remember that episode?

Anyway, Pickard finally caved in and took "Q" up to the challenge and made the wishes. One of the wishes he made was that he wanted to live in a world where there was perfect harmony, perfect peace, where everyone got along. He wanted to live where religious and political differences did not exist, a world of perfect harmony where everyone agreed, got along, and were happy.

"Q" granted his "wish" and "poof" .... there was Captain Pickard standing in the street of a metropolitan city, surrounded by tall buildings, street lights and the whole enchilada. At first Captian Pickard was delighted, but then he quickly realized that he was the ONLY person in this world.

Well, that episode made a tremendous impact on me when I was much younger, and one I never forgot. I think it hit me so hard, I realized our "differences" is what makes life so beautiful!

Something to think about! Happy Camping!
Old 05-15-2022, 07:28 PM   #6
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
Quote:
This forum is suppose to be about talk about Montana's, to help each other that need help. I noticed their are a few that are bringing in their political views, this forum is NOT the place for that. For those that are, you need to keep them to yourself. The "Powers To Be" need to delete these responses before they hit the forum.
And the ones that are worried about this are................
F350 Ford Dually 4:10`s w/bags (payload 5595 lbs) Sumo Springs 63 gal aux tank
Reese Goosebox Mor/Ryde SRE 4000 X Factors Monroe shocks.... real smooth ride
Old 05-15-2022, 07:31 PM   #7
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
You will find that the moderators of this forum are of all political persuasions, but the one thing we are all committed to is to make this forum a friendly place for everyone to discuss Montana's and camping in general. Posts are removed on a regular basis for political posts, bullying, and spam. It's amazing the number of spammers trying to get on the forum, but if folks don't report the posts that are upsetting then we have to find them and most of us have our own lives to lead and usually can't read every thread and every quote.
Old 05-15-2022, 07:35 PM   #8
Lee-CI
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30262
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchmenSport View Post
Ah, the great political debate! It doesn't matter which side you are on, or which side you are not on, it's never the right side it seems. Lots of discussions, lots of hot tempers, lots of people that don't get along.

I said all that, because I'm reminded of a "Star Trek, the Next Generation" episode when "Q" (remember "Q"), challenged Captain Pickard and granted him 3 wishes. Maybe you remember that episode?

Anyway, Pickard finally caved in and took "Q" up to the challenge and made the wishes. One of the wishes he made was that he wanted to live in a world where there was perfect harmony, perfect peace, where everyone got along. He wanted to live where religious and political differences did not exist, a world of perfect harmony where everyone agreed, got along, and were happy.

"Q" granted his "wish" and "poof" .... there was Captain Pickard standing in the street of a metropolitan city, surrounded by tall buildings, street lights and the whole enchilada. At first Captian Pickard was delighted, but then he quickly realized that he was the ONLY person in this world.

Well, that episode made a tremendous impact on me when I was much younger, and one I never forgot. I think it hit me so hard, I realized our "differences" is what makes life so beautiful!

Something to think about! Happy Camping!
I do indeed remember that episode because I was rolling laughing!
The world would be a very boring place if everyone was exactly the same. With that said, I don't talk politics for the reason that my blood pressure REALLY doesn't like me doing so.....
Old 05-15-2022, 07:35 PM   #9
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh View Post
OK Bill what is the green button for? I’m thinking meets your approval. ?
Lynwood
No. Green if that person is logged in.
Old 05-15-2022, 08:03 PM   #10
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_TX View Post
No. Green if that person is logged in.
Oh man - thats good to know. I thought that was my rank due to knowledge of all things Montana.
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Old 05-15-2022, 08:48 PM   #11
Bad Moon
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18546
Pretty hard to discuss skyrocketing fuel (and everything else) prices, shortages of everything, and runaway inflation, without discussing the root causes. Some people can’t handle the truth. How about a new forum for politics?
Old 05-15-2022, 08:50 PM   #12
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Moon View Post
Pretty hard to discuss skyrocketing fuel (and everything else) prices, shortages of everything, and runaway inflation, without discussing the root causes. Some people can’t handle the truth. How about a new forum for politics?
Its called Facebook.

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
Old 05-15-2022, 09:39 PM   #13
Bad Moon
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18546
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Traveler View Post
Its called Facebook.
Huh. And here I thought the idea of a blog was to keep the eyeballs here, not send them elsewhere.
Old 05-15-2022, 10:48 PM   #14
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Over the years we’ve slowly been “conditioned” as to what can and cannot be discussed or can or cannot be published for anyone to view. Currently most all the major US city newspapers and many magazines are owned and content regulated by a handful of movers and shakers. These boards of directors for no better term do not want the general population to openly discuss the daily woes facing us each and every day, so they have mandated the press and many forum based websites to remove any such discussion under today’s catch phrase of “trying to stay civil and not offend anyone”. I’m certain that RVLife which owns or influences most any RV forum now days is aligned to this business practice. Our moderators can only follow the agenda that is dictated to them. In the end, we all know it is impossible to not offend each and every one of us. Most of us remember in times past when we could take it without being devastated. Get used to living in pastels.
Old 05-16-2022, 08:19 AM   #15
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Political discussions are pointless. Someone can wax eloquent about their opinions and viewpoints and they will not sway the opposing viewpoints at all. The discussions always soon become heated, followed by angry statements, and finally degrading into personal attacks and name calling. That is not what RVers want to see on a site dedicated to experiences, problems, general discussions, and help regarding their RV life.
Old 05-16-2022, 09:09 AM   #16
Creeker
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23094
Quote:

Now this is irony. Your very post clearly shows which side of the isle your on.
You absolutely just "brought in" your political view.

Should the mods delete your post?
Old 05-16-2022, 09:30 AM   #17
Bad Moon
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18546
Yes, it would be nice to keep politics totally free from our discussions about our favorite pastimes and lifestyles, unfortunately life isn’t like that. When politicians in a state decide that drivers of RVs over an arbitrary weight must now have a CDL, how do we discuss that without discussing politics? When politicians in Washington DC make bad decisions resulting in skyrocketing fuel prices, those decisions directly impact our interest group. If we can’t discuss those decisions, how can we affect change for the betterment of our hobby? I agree there is no place here for name calling, but I totally disagree that political discussions are “pointless”. The hardcore partisans will not be convinced, but others reading will be stimulated to research issues they might not otherwise have known about.
Old 05-16-2022, 11:14 AM   #18
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Moon View Post
……..
When politicians in a state decide that drivers of RVs over an arbitrary weight must now have a CDL, how do we discuss that without discussing politics? ……..
OK, you got my attention. What states require a CDL for an RV?
Old 05-16-2022, 11:14 AM   #19
twindman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5651
I am on an Iowa forum. There are several guys that just take over a thread with name calling - You are an idiot - no you are an idiot - type of crap. I would like to keep politics (mostly ) out of a thread, but maybe have a more political area here to go off topic a bit more.

Tom and Gail
2013 Mountaineer 362
2012 Silverado 2500
Old 05-16-2022, 11:59 AM   #20
Richard Blackwell
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19705
Send a message via AIM to Richard Blackwell Send a message via MSN to Richard Blackwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_TX View Post
OK, you got my attention. What states require a CDL for an RV?
California for one...a CDL (or class A) is required to tow a 5th Wheel with a GVWR over 15000lbs. A Class B (bus license) for any MH at 45 ft or more.
2013 3402RL
Closed Thread