Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 02-10-2005, 04:48 PM   #61
markwick
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2204
I just purchased a 2005 2955RL it was an early model (last August I think) it has the privacy doors.

markwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 05:04 PM   #62
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Jayers, is that medicine cabinet on an angle or is that an optical illusion? Seems like they've lost some space there, too.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 01:05 AM   #63
Montana_2893
Established Member

M.O.C. #2893
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jayers

PittsNhRv

Here is a picture of a 2005 3400RL made in Dec there is no room for a Privacy Door

John

http://tinypic.com/1p9w10
Jayers thanks for the pict. Thats what I have been saying since the first post in this thread. A picture is worth a thousand posts!
Montana_2893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 04:15 AM   #64
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Judy,

2005 units that Al and I looked at down here in the Rio Grande, did in fact have a slanted medicine cabinet. It does have less storage than mine in the 2005 3295. What with that slant, I am not sure how much of the cabinet is truly useful. We did not care for this change.

Also for us, the loss of the small coat closet at the front door for the larger washer/dryer closet is a sad loss. And, in the 3295, the corner cabinet that we so dearly love is totally different, the bottom half, is now a small cabinet (reminds me of the coat closet in our 3295, as it is flat, not angled, on the wall). And, the top of the cabinet is now a small angled cabinet high on the wall (would need a step stool to access), which as the bathroom cabinet, seems that a large portion of it would be unuseable. The window across from the door, the long slender one, is now much wider, lets in more light.

The changes in the 3295 do not suit us, so, again, as I have stated a few times before, we are SOOO glad we have the unit we do, which suits us just fine, thank you! The new unit has less storage, which for full timers or serious part timers is a sure loss. The larger bedroom is really great looking, and perhaps with some creative re-thinking of how we pack our gear, may make up for the loss of other storage areas in the front room.

Carol
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 04:19 AM   #65
jayers
Established Member

M.O.C. #2876
Glen

Yes the medicine cabinet is on a angle goes from about 5" on the right side to 0" on the left

John
jayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 04:32 AM   #66
jayers
Established Member

M.O.C. #2876
PittsNhRv

Here is a picture on the other side showing the Garden tub with glass enclosure

John

http://tinypic.com/1pdmr9
jayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 01:59 PM   #67
Montana_2893
Established Member

M.O.C. #2893
Again thank you Jayers. This is exactly the same setup (3400) that I viewed on my dealers lot. Now if some can explain how any type of privacy door could be fit into this setup (short of a simple fabric curtain hanging from the ceiling) I will be truly elightened
Montana_2893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 04:27 PM   #68
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Carol, I've come to the same conclusion.....I'm glad we have the fiver that we have. The pantry drawers have been replaced with baskets, the medicine cabinet is smaller, the three corner cupboards in the bedroom are gone, replaced by drawers in the wardrobe area. And they discontinued our model....3380! I wonder if they have any women on their design team.
Old 02-11-2005, 04:29 PM   #69
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
By the way, why would they have to angle the medicine cabinet like that? It doesn't make any sense. There's plenty of room over the sink.
Old 02-11-2005, 04:34 PM   #70
Montana_2785
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2785
Well, they have also discontinued the 3575RL. We felt that it matched us the best. There were a couple of models pre-doorless bed/bath that I thought were interesting. But without the privacy doors, I have absolutely no interest in the current Montana line. I'll even take issue with the way the bed/bath is laid out.

I'm going to take REALLY good care of our Monty....

Eric
Montana_2785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 04:43 PM   #71
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
On the pictures of the 3400 there is room for the accordion pleated door. That 3 or 4 inches between the dresser and the sink is where it is on our 3400. Our shower is exactly the same. The door comes across the room at a curve and hooks on the armoire right by the bed.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 05:26 PM   #72
wa4bmg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #592
To all, at the Tampa show LAST year we told Jeff Rank the new design was bad. At that time most people sort of liked it. It know seems after "some get use to it time" , the tide is turning back. We really liked the 3400 and where planning to go with it, but we will now be going a different direction. There are other makers such as Sunnybrook that offer the regular styled bath with a privacy curtain and the sink separate from the bed area. It also offers a plan similar to the 3400. I agree with the other posts that we all do get up or go to bed at diffent times. We have been very happy with the 3295 but want a RL area type unit with the same bath arrangement. The 3400 did have a curtain and now they have removed that entirely on the new units we have seen.
It sure appears from all these post, that many people have the same concerns and Keystone does not appear to be listening. They seem to be more concerned with factory output. Just my thoughts
wa4bmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 06:03 AM   #73
Lady RV
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30
Jeff Rank from Keystone contacted me and asked me to post the following
information regarding the privacy curtain issue:

"ALL models EXCEPT THE 3400 WITH a GARDEN TUB have a pleated, fabric curtain
that separates the bedroom and the bathroom. The 3400 with a Neo-Angle
Shower (smaller than the Garden Tub) allows room to install a pleated,
fabric curtain that separates the bedroom and the bathroom.

This change occurred in November. Some models at the dealerships may still
have the prior configuration.

Keystone is reading this thread and appreciates the feedback, both positive
and negative."

Lady RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 08:23 AM   #74
Montana_2785
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2785
Lady RV,

Thanks for the update.

Suggestion for Keystone: You might want to consider adding an indication on the floorplans to visually show that there is a privacy divider there. By contrast, the 2002 floorplans show the wooden privacy doors I have on my unit (2002 3575RL).

Eric
Montana_2785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 09:44 AM   #75
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Keystone is reading this thread and appreciates the feedback, both positive and negative."

They must be looking really hard to find the positive feedback. At least I haven't been able to find it.

We visited a Montana dealer last week and saw some models with the wooden doors and others with the privacy curain. In our opinion the fabric "privacy curtain" is a very poor substitute for the doors. This change will definitely affect our choice of RV brand when it comes time for us to trade. It has already convinced us to enjoy our 2955RL for some years more.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 05:45 PM   #76
Karl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #522
I'm one of those that removed the wood privacy doors and stored them in our stick home basement. Anyone want them?? We never used them, and like the extra room we got when we removed them. The one thing I would like though in the bedroom would be for the bed slideout to be about 6 inches more so we could have a regular length queen bed. (Of couse I am shrinking now at my age, so maybe that isn't necessary!

Back to the doors though... I would still opt for the inclusion of the wood doors, then those of us who don't want them can remove them.
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 03:47 AM   #77
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Thanks, Karl, and I would have to say that your post is the first I can remember that really prefers the "open configuration", though I truly expect there are others who do agree with you, but have simply not posted because it is we who prefer the doors who have used this topic to express our disappointment.

And, most of all, your point is an excellent one that buyers should have the option. Thank you for giving "the other side", but that, of course, does not change my severe disappointment and the intent to seek other options when we come to our next trade. It's possible that we will not be able to find the arrangement we want, but we surely will be looking carefully to see if anyone offers the privacy arrangement we desire.

Again, thank you for the good will in which you express a perfectly understandable preference which differs from ours.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 05:30 PM   #78
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Karl,
We put our regular size queen mattress on the short queen bed and works just fine. End of mattress lays on dresser when slide is in.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 02:08 AM   #79
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
We put a regular queen matt in our 2955 and it works great. Our's just butts up tightly against the dresser, no need to lift over the dresser in our situation.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 01:52 PM   #80
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
I just purchased a 2005 2955RL it was an early model it has the privacy doors. I really liked this alot and my trade had the accordian curtain that I did not like. I like the idea about closing the bottom door then the doors by the bed for a sound barrier too.
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote