Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-18-2004, 11:45 AM   #1
Montana_2341
Established Member

M.O.C. #2341
It's what??????

We had held off introducing ourselves because we were not really Monty owners. We were more like we have a Monty on order owners rather than we have a Monty in the driveway. Well..we called our dealer to check on our order and we were told that it would be at least four to six weeks before our fifth wheel came in. Well.. they called us two days later and wanted to know when we wanted to come and pick it up! It seems that they had a dealership cancel some orders that had already been built and they had one that fit our order sheet very closely. The unit that we got had a few upgrades on it that we did not order but we got them for free. Free.. one of our favorite words. So anyway we are now proud owners of a new 2005 3670RL Montana fifth wheel. All we have to do now is wait for winter to get over and then it is off to the camp grounds for us. We will have our Monty at the Oscoda County campground for the summer. We hope that anyone will stop and see us if they are in Mio Michigan area. The first rootbeer will be on us.

Montana_2341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 11:53 AM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
First of all Cardshark Welcome to the MOC!

Secondly, Congratulations on the new Monty

FREE is a beautiful word and is also one of our favorites.

Well now that you are truely a Montana owner keep us up to date on all your adventures in the new rig.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 11:56 AM   #3
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
From one 3670 owner to another, big time welcome. What a pleasant surprise you have received. Glad you got the extras. I know the 2005 will be upgraded from the 2003, but I'll be happy to answer any questions I can. Warmer weather will be here before you know it. The great adventure begins...
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 12:52 PM   #4
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Welcome to the forum from another 3670 owner. You chose a great unit. Enjoy.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 01:28 PM   #5
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Welcome Cardshark, we look forward to your future posts. We also spend winters eagerly awaiting the arrival of spring and it gets harder each year. Now just 2.6 years from retirement we find ourselves wishing our lives away, go figure!!
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 02:39 PM   #6
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Welcome Cardshark, looking forward to seeing your posts. Don't wait until spring....there is great spots to see and visit in the winter too. We once only camped in warmer weather, but year round is great if you pick your spots. Have fun!

Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 03:10 PM   #7
Montana_2341
Established Member

M.O.C. #2341
Thanks to everyone for the kind words and heart felt welcome. We are looking forward to all sorts of adventures in our new Monty and to making many new friends. Our salesman told us we probably recieved about two thousand dollars worth of free options. On our unit we had ordered the king size bed option. We got the bed but they had also reworked the bedroom by changing some of the furniture and including a TV that was not included in our original order. Montana had also moved the washer and dryer location to the closet by the front door. They were nice enough to throw in the w/d prep for free also. Once again thanks for the warm welcome. We will keep everyone posted on the adventures we have.
Old 12-19-2004, 05:26 AM   #8
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Welcome to another 3670 owner. Great outfits which we are sure you will enjoy. Most of the 3670 owners have made some improvements which if you check some of the past threads you will probably take advantage of, such as storage under the stove and frig. Look forward to seeing you at one of the mini ralliesl.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 06:51 AM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Congratulations and welcome to MOC! Sounds like you're off to a terrific start.

To any other "prospective buyers" out there who may also be just lurking, you are welcome to join and ask any questions you want. We've had a number of prospective buyers join us, some of whom ended up buying something other than a Montana. That's fine. The idea is you join to learn and share and if you buy Montana, fine. If not, then we hope the forum provided some value while you were here. That's just my opinion but I don't think anyone else would feel differently.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 07:42 AM   #10
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
What a wonderful Christmas present. Welcome to the MOC and to the ranks of Montana Owners. We visited our Monty last week to drain the water inlet (thanks again, Steve) at its winter hibernation spot. We also can hardly wait for spring (April 1 the campground opens). I am sure you will really enjoy your new unit.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 08:22 AM   #11
exfuzz02
Established Member

M.O.C. #2240
Send a message via ICQ to exfuzz02
We were actually waiting for our 2005 Montana 2955RL. We got it on December 19th...What a beautiful unit...and the best part is...took 6 weeks to get it from the factory and they had upgraded it from the original one we looked at...including a 2nd TV in the bedroom. We opted for the desert rose interior color due to the fact that our other trailer had the light colored carpet and showed every piece of dirt that came inside. Now waiting to take a shakedown cruise in it.
exfuzz02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 04:14 AM   #12
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
welcome! and congrats. on the new unit.
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 08:13 AM   #13
Montana_2341
Established Member

M.O.C. #2341
Well we dropped the truck off at the dealership this morning to have the PullRite Superslide hitch installed. Hopefully we will have it home and in the driveway by this time tomorrow. Now all I have to do is to convince Mrs. Cardshark (Shirley) to wait till it gets warmer out before we go camping. It was -2 when we got up this morning. If all else fails I can always lock her in the closet till it gets warm!!!!! Thanks again for all the friendly replies and for making us feel welcome.
Old 12-20-2004, 09:45 AM   #14
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Congratulations, exfuzz02! We're very excited for you. The 2955 is a great model, as evidenced by how many members have that model. Hope you get a chance to use it real soon.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 11:01 AM   #15
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Welcome exfuzz02 to the MOC.

Yes the 2955RL is a beautiful unit. We know from 15 months of experience that you are going to luv it.
Old 12-20-2004, 11:05 AM   #16
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Cardshark

Well we dropped the truck off at the dealership this morning to have the PullRite Superslide hitch installed. Hopefully we will have it home and in the driveway by this time tomorrow. Now all I have to do is to convince Mrs. Cardshark (Shirley) to wait till it gets warmer out before we go camping. It was -2 when we got up this morning. If all else fails I can always lock her in the closet till it gets warm!!!!! Thanks again for all the friendly replies and for making us feel welcome.
Hey Cardshark,
A new Montana and a new PullRite! Can things get any better?
Old 12-23-2004, 03:01 AM   #17
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
Welcome to the club, and Congratulations on the new rig..
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 03:44 AM   #18
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Welcome to the Forum - lots of helpful folks and good information abounds.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 10:29 AM   #19
Montana_2341
Established Member

M.O.C. #2341
Thanks again to everyone for the warm welcome. Now that I have 20 miles of fifth wheel towing exiperence I can now consider myself an expert when only yesterday I didn't know I was one! Shirley has been crying looking out the window to her new Montana with the 8" of snow we got last night on it. Not a pretty sight, her or the Monty. Happy Christmas to all and a very new year from us to you. Boyd and Shirley Dillon
Old 12-26-2004, 08:54 AM   #20
Kimmrg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1217
Welcome to the forum and the world of Montana's! We love ours and you will hear lots of stories to help you with your new "home" even if it is covered in snow...
Kimmrg is offline   Reply With Quote