Just finished the first of three planned shakedown cruises in our recently purchased 5er. Made a few mistakes, but in general all went well and the trip was very enjoyable. Things learned the hard way:
1. Open the grey water valve before using the washer unless you enjoy a geyser in the lavatory.
2. You can spend a lot of time trying to light a water heater pilot light before you find out it is automatic if you turn on the switch.
3. Sliding doors will fall off thier tracks if not latched down during travel in the 3670 RL.
4. Slides are designed to do damage to your head.
5. Check out your compressor long before you expect to use it.
6. Set your hitch latch BEFORE you try to engage the king pin.
7. Dew miraculously covers the underside of your awning over night.
8. After emptying, add enzyme to your black water tank BEFORE you disconnect and roll up and put away you water hoses.
9. Expect to whack your knees, head, and other extremities while your are adjusting to a new economy of size especially in the bedroom while getting out of bed for whatever reason.
10. Laugh a lot. It's easier than cussin' or cryin'.
Stiles do you know th noodles that kids use swimming. Most are bright orange or purple. get one of those & cut into or 3 pieces & then split halfway thru frome one side & place over the bedroom slide out. That sure saves some knocks on the head.
Hey, we thought that all that was just part of the "initiation rites" of 5ers. Been there-done those! Hang in there.
#29 fans Chuck and Linda Clements
04 3670RL Big Sky
04 Chevy 3500 CC Dually 4WD Duramax/Allison