Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-03-2015, 02:12 PM   #81
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
Very good letter, hopefully it will yield some results

8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 02:13 PM   #82
Virginia Young
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14096
Thanks so much for the support. We really have tried to be patient, but are about at the end of our rope. We don't want to wear out our welcome with our neighbors, so tomorrow we are moving back in our Big Sky at Camping World. I guess they will just have to get used to seeing me in the recliner reading a book while they work on it. Not exactly the way I wanted to spend our last month in Florida . . .
Virginia Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 02:35 PM   #83
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Can we come visit. Maybe have a cookout. Helen will bring the bird.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 02:48 PM   #84
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

Can we come visit. Maybe have a cookout. Helen will bring the bird.
Rich,
Please don't cook your bird. He's way too cute.
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 01:12 AM   #85
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
We were told last year while at Lazy Days in Tampa that Keystone had a factory rep there. The salesman even took us by this factory reps office, located at the Lazy Days facility, but he was out.

Here is an idea for Keystone, have your factory rep drive from Tampa and stop at VirginiaYoungs location and then swing by where Richfaa is camped in Florida. Look their problems over first hand and right there on the spot authorize immediate repairs! If repairs are delayed more than a weeks due to parts not available then offer them a new unit to use.
Old 03-04-2015, 02:07 AM   #86
Slink
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15851
Even easier, just bring a new unit and take the old one back to the factory tare the unit apart find out who worked and ok'd the unit and get rid of those folks if you don't want to do the job right the 1st time you don't want the job and if they have improper training then get rid of the bosses. I'm on my 4th keystone and I will not buy another reading about everybodys issues
nuff said by me I hope keystone is paying attension
Slink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 02:15 AM   #87
mazboy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9561
this thread is 9 pages long...i hope things are moving along.

yes, you need to get with steven holmes...if you want his email my wife has it. I told you that 9 pages ago.
mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 03:00 AM   #88
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
No keystone person said there was a rep at lazy days. That is about one hours drive from my lot. I am going to be doing some E mails and Phone calls.
Old 03-11-2015, 06:04 PM   #89
Virginia Young
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14096
mazboy - Steve Holmes is who we have been dealing with. He is the one who sent us to Camping World in Bartow, FL.

Here's an update:

After 15 days at CW with no positive results, Keystone has finally agreed to bring our Big Sky to the factory service center. It took a LOT of patience and a lot more talking, but it's finally going to happen. Our appointment is for April 20th. We are soooooo looking forward to having our Big Sky back and everything fixed. We really do love the unit and are happy we will be able to keep it.

Old 03-12-2015, 05:20 AM   #90
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
They are happy campers now and I have learned a lot by their miss fortunes. We have many pictures and we hope this will help us get our tank issues corrected. The service center will find and correct their issues. These guys at the service center are real pro's.

Old 03-12-2015, 08:58 AM   #91
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Yes, it's just a shame the guys at the Service Center don't build them in the first place.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 09:37 AM   #92
K0LCB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13395
I still think my Montana was well built and I had very few problems, and they were always handled quickly and easily
K0LCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 10:24 AM   #93
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
we never had a problem with Keystone, Dealers, Extended warranty taking care of our problems.. We have just had to many of them. We had the bad luck of getting two Montana's with many problems. This is evidenced by the lack of issue others have/
Old 03-12-2015, 01:05 PM   #94
woodtic
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12753
I just wanted to say that I feel for all of you that have had problems with your Montana's. I too have had quite a struggle. My first and biggest problem was an incompetent(being nice here) selling dealer. Keystone did start helping me after a few folks here greased the wheels. However they did drag their feet a bit. Right now my Montana has been sitting at a local dealer for about 10 months waiting on parts and permission from Keystone to do the repairs. I do not fault the local dealer at all. in fact I applaud them for taking on my nightmare. Still about a half a dozen (out of about 40) problems remain that Keystone and the selling dealer refused to repair. Most are small things. I am due to be home the first week of April and I hope I'm finally done dealing with this. Hope to pick up my trailer within a few days of getting home. So for me this far has been over 2 1/2 years getting things worked out..

A few things I learned;
Always report the problem to Manufacturer first to be sure they have it on record.
Be pleasant, patient, yet firm when dealing with these folks.
Keep good records. Expect problems and delays.
Find a good dealer, it's worth traveling a couple hundred extra miles if needed.
Last that I can think of right now, I Don't Know If I Ever Want To Go Through This Again!!!!

I do Love my Montana but she's been the source of a lot of heartache..
woodtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 03:32 PM   #95
mhs4771
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9969
Maybe it would be helpful if the Techs at the Service Center visited the Assembly Line once in a while and pointed out some of the repeat problems that keep popping up and how to fix/avoid them in the first place.
And Montana aren't the only ones with these type of problems. Our SOB MFR had an issue early on with a Washer Drain leak, seemed to be fixed, but now several years latter the same problem is happening again. Must be the Assembler responsible for that connection moved on or moved up, who knows.
Old 03-13-2015, 12:08 AM   #96
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

we never had a problem with Keystone, Dealers, Extended warranty taking care of our problems.. We have just had to many of them. We had the bad luck of getting two Montana's with many problems. This is evidenced by the lack of issue others have/
Rich, I got to say, and I mean no offense, that when it comes to Montanas and vehicles, you have the worst luck of anyone I know. I know you and I have gone round and round about extended warranties, but if I was you, or had your luck, I'd be a believer in them too. If you were a Buddhist, I'd wonder seriously about who you were in the previous life to get this kind of karma.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 06:30 AM   #97
TAKPAK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8238
After watching this thread for a while, it comes to mind that a good dealer is every bit as necessary as a quality product. I have to say that our dealer, Curtis Trailer in Oregon, has been absolutely stellar in their performance with us, and with our friends. In seven years and four trailers (one Cougar and three Montana's) later, we are still highly pleased with them. They bend over backwards for people, and are a delight to work with. They will joke with you, laugh with you, cry with you, and take the time to explain things with you, and this is both the service department, the parts department, and the sales department. There was one issue with a few things on the rig our friends just bought, and I was informed that they had fired the guy who had "supposedly" checked it over and missed a few things. I will still buy from Keystone and Curtis because of the excellent performance I get out of both. But, as I'm saying, the dealer makes a HUGE difference as well. Right down the road is a big Camping World center, and I wouldn't go there on a bet. And Curtis says they will match anything CW comes up with, pricewise. I buy all my parts, supplies, etc, from Curtis. It helps that they have a customer loyalty program too, that rewards you with points that you can use for buying "goodies" etc. from them as well.

Plus, when you buy a new rig (and even if you don't) they have monthly "new owner" seminars where they show you all about trailers, what to do (and not to do) and feed you a nice meal, too.

OK, off my soapbox now......I guess this is why Curtis has been around for 67 years, run by the same family (the daughter now) as well.

To the Young's, hang in there. There ARE good people out there, sometimes you have to dig a little (or a lot) to find them, and have good friends to help with the "digging".....!
2015 GMC Sierra 4X4 3500 SRW
TAKPAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 02:29 PM   #98
Virginia Young
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14096
TAKPAK - I agree that the right dealer makes a difference. Sonya and Billy at Northgate RV really went to bat for us through this whole ordeal. Without their help, I'm sure we would still be trying to get results. They wanted daily updates from us and stayed after Keystone to get our Big Sky to the factory for repairs. They have been amazing and we recommend them to everybody we talk to. If we ever need a new unit, we will go back to them. There is much to be said for family owned businesses. The ones that stay in business want repeat customers and don't just take your money and kick you down the road.

Even though our Big Sky is sitting here with more problems than it had two weeks ago, at least we know it will soon be getting the repairs it so desperately needs. We hope to soon be heading down the road on the next leg of our retirement journey. A journey I hope lasts for many years.

I am so thankful for the friends I have met because of this forum (hope there will be many more) and thankful for all the help and encouragement we received through this ordeal. You guys are the greatest.
Old 03-13-2015, 02:59 PM   #99
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
TAKPAK,
Sounds like you found a piece of gold in your travels. Thanks for spreading the good word. I'll keep that dealership on file.
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 06:16 PM   #100
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
Have we got this out of our systems yet! Wow some people have shared multiple times, as they have in the past about problems! I get that, but I feel like I landed on RV net where people can't stop posting over and over about the same issue! Yes, we know you have problems, but the more you complain (repeat yourself) without new details, the more I question the legitimacy of your complaints. There are remedies and there are better RV's! I guess I am just getting old, but bury this horse or Lawyer up! Please! Yell at me for this post please! At least it will cover new ground! Lord help me!
Artemus Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote