Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 09-01-2004, 06:06 AM   #1
FREDnBUNNY
Established Member

M.O.C. #1153
PLEASE ADD

PLEASE ADD
Items that would be nice to have available as options:

12V AM-FM RADIO – current combination DVD player/Radio has extremely poor reception and is not usable when boon-docking

HYDRAULIC DISK BRAKES – they are far superior, and I would have ordered them

AIR CONDITIONER/HEAT PUMP – I would have ordered one since they have nice electrically operated heat

COMBINED SLIDE AWNING/WINDOW AWNINGS – I would have considered them

BATTERY CUT-OFF SWITCH – the rechargeable flashlight and gas detector drain the house battery in only a few days when the camper is in storage

COVER FOR THE LARGE REAR WINDOW – if the rear window faces the sun most of the day during the summer, so much heat comes in – even with the room darkening shade drawn – that the A/C has a hard time keeping up

FULL LENGTH QUEEN BED – seems like the bedroom slide-out would only need to be another 8” deep to provide a full 80” length queen bed

12V LIGHT INSIDE FRONT STORAGE – it would be nice to have a light inside the front storage compartment

NO 110 V LIGHTS - while not an issue for me – I can understand boon-dockers would prefer all 12v lighting

INSIDE 110V HEATER SWITCH – I think it would be nice to have switch in the kitchen to turn the 110v water heater on & off

FREDnBUNNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 09:46 PM   #2
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Thanks for the posting. Sounds good. Keep us posted. Happyrving....
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 06:51 AM   #3
NJ Hillbilly
Montana Master

M.O.C. #242
The only issue with the full length bed is the dresser at the foot of the bed. The additional 8" has to go somewhere when the slide is closed. The mattress is against the face of the dresser now when closed so all the drawers would have to be eliminated.

Otherwise Your suggestions are all good ones. I think many items that You are asking for are not standard because Keystone is trying to maintain a certain price range, the more that is added the higher the base price gets. I also think that options add up fast and leave a lot of room for factory error. Long option lists are not too common unless You are spending big bucks for a custom built unit.

John
NJ Hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 12:02 PM   #4
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
We would like to see a bed a "King Width" the length is good for us short people
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 06:50 AM   #5
NJ Hillbilly
Montana Master

M.O.C. #242
I too would loke to see the width since I don't mind my feet hanging off the edge.

John
NJ Hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 08:41 PM   #6
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Yes a wide bed would be just peachie. Happyrving....
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 04:16 AM   #7
Gene Chaltry
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #735
How about wide and long? I'm 6'4"
Gene Chaltry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 02:32 PM   #8
Montana_1891

M.O.C. #1891
I second the request for a longer queen size bed. We just ordered a 3255 and asked our rep to see if we could special order a longer bed. I am 6'2" and would rather have the longer bed - yes, even while camping. But, to our disappointment, he could not order it. We still look forward to our new 3255 about November 1.
Montana_1891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 04:12 PM   #9
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
We'd like a longer mattress also but if we replaced ours in our 3295RK with a longer queen-size mattress then the slide wouldn't be able retract because the bed would be too long. As it is now, when bedroom slide is in, we have 1 to 2 inches of clearance between the mattress and the dresser. A longer one would hit the dresser and something would have to give: the bed, the dresser, the slide or maybe the dresser would bust out of the wall?

I guess we could have a longer mattress and drag it partially on top of the dresser as the slide is retracting and it could travel that way. I don't want to be the one to struggle with it.

But then also.... with the slide out and the longer mattress properly on the bed, that would drastically cut down on the walk space between the bed and the dresser.

Oh.... what's a poor 3295RK Rver to do????

I wonder about the models that have the head of the bed at the front of the Montana? Hmmmmmm... do any of them have the bed at the front? I gotta go check the floor plans.....
D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 04:12 PM   #10
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
We switched our expensive queen mattress that we had just bought for our previous unit to our new 3400. The end rested on the dresser and rode very nice on the trip from the dealer. I would much rather have the dresser drawers than what other makers do with a shelf for the bed to go under. We have slept very comfortable for the past 3 nights. The shams hide the little bit the bedspread doesn't cover. And regular sheets fit. This is our 3rd 5er and none came with good mattresses. Only the $70,000 units we looked at had good mattresses. WE LOVE OUR MONTANA.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 07:22 PM   #11
dersequim
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #549
Someone suggested that we get a piece of styrafoam 6" thick cut the height of the mattress. Then put it between headboard and mattress when using bed and leave on top when traveling. It would be under pillows so no prob!
dersequim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 11:50 AM   #12
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We bought an aftermarket mattress and had it made two inches longer than the original. Now we realize we could have gone maybe two more inches without a problem. That leaves maybe two inches to make it a full length queen (original was 74 inches). Two inches less depth in the dresser would have allowed a full length queen mattress and would hardly be noticeable in the dresser, in my opinion.

John, the only time I really mind my feet hanging over the end is in cold weather. We get some really chilly air freezing my feet. I don't understand that since blankets and sheets are tucked in but nevertheless it always happens. Every time. Sometimes I just get up and put socks on although I do not like sleeping in socks.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote