The Ladies Driving School Class will be on Thursday 9/25/14 & is scheduled from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 noon.
Ladies it's that time again for the Ladies Driving School sponsored by Keystone!
[s]As soon as I have spoken with the Keystone Representative and get the full details I will update this post with the sign up sheet! Hopefully by Wednesday evening.[/s] Keep a look out for my updates. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
! The Ladies Driving School sign up will be first come first put on the list. Because of limited space first timers to the class will be given priority. If all time slots have not been filled by the first timers we will fill the balance with Ladies that wish to take the class a second time. In case of cancellations I will also have a waiting list. Keystone graciously lets us use their rigs to learn on but we have to supply the trucks so I will need a few of your husbands to volunteer the use of your vehicles. [s]I should have more details for you after my briefing with Keystone![/s]
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL 24 OF THE LADIES THAT TOOK THE 2014 LADIES DRIVING SCHOOL!
9/20/14 UPDATE: SCHEDULE FOR THE LADIES DRIVING SCHOOL
The Ladies that have signed up for the Ladies Driving School will need to be at the small tent by no later than 8:30 a.m.
A verbal class by one of Keystones personnel will start at this time. At 9:00 a.m.
we will precede to the actual hands on activities for the class.
The link below will take you to the schedule for the class activities.
For those who have to wait may leave to do as you want but need to be back by the time you are scheduled to participate in the activity listed for you. I would suggest at least 5 to 10 min before your listed time.
I will also have copies of this schedule for you at the Meet & Greet Wednesday night if you need one!
I want to give a big thanks to Scott Luciano for helping me to get this link posted!!!!
9/16/14 UPDATE: THE CLASS IS FULL! [/b][/red][/size=4]
I will be putting any new 1st timers on a cancellation list and if any cancellations occur you will be put in the class at that point. If no other lst timers sign up then the first on the 2nd timer list will be added to the class and so on.
Just because the class is full go ahead and sign up!
You never now you still might get in!
9/14/14 UPDATE: THERE IS ROOM FOR ONE MORE 1ST TIMER IN THE LADIES DRIVING SCHOOL!
If no 1st timer fills this slot then the 1st Lady in the 2nd timer list will fill that position.
9/2/14 UPDATE: NEW VENUE FOR LADIES DRIVING SCHOOL
. Great news,
we will be within walking distance of the class this year!
I have been informed by the Keystone Rep that they will be conducting the Ladies Driving School
at the Fair Grounds
this year. We will need the Ladies that have signed up for the class to be at the small tent on site by the starting of the class at 8:30 a.m. Keep an eye out on this thread for any additional updates that may be coming!
Come join us for the Ladies Driving School!!
For those ladies that would like to do the driving school there is still room for ONE
more. Remember that even though you may never do the driving it is still good to know how if the need ever came up.
8/13/2014 UPDATE: BRIEFING WITH KEYSTONE REP
I have talked with the Keystone Rep and I have a total of 24
Ladies that can take this class. [s]So far I have 23 first timers and 7 who would like to take the class again. So there is still room for one more 1st timer who would like to take this class.
If no 1st timer fills this slot then the first 2nd timer will take that position.
I need a total of 6 trucks volunteered for use. [s]So far I have 4, possibly 5 signed up for use.[/s] REMEMBER
the trucks used need to be used for the entire time the class is being conducted.
8/10/2014 IMPORTANT UPDATE:
Rondo thank you for reminding me that I have been remiss in leaving out one important clause concerning the Ladies Driving School
and that is just that. This school is for the LADIES ONLY and no men, boys, husbands, significant others in the male variety
are allowed to be at the class. If any of the guys show up they will be asked to leave.
We do not want any of the Ladies to feel the pressure of having their men folk there. We all know that in any relationship it can be very intimidating to have a spouse watching.
So Gentlemen we ask that you please not be at the class. If you need to drop your Lady off that is fine we just ask that you leave afterward. Thank you so much in advance for understanding this simple rule!
IF YOU PRIVATE MESSAGE OR EMAIL ME TO SIGN UP PLEASE POST REQUESTS ON THIS THREAD ALSO. THIS WAY EVERY ONE SEES WHO SIGNED UP FIRST. THANK YOU!
As it turns out even Keystone Reps have to have a vacation once in a while.
I have been advised that my Rep will be back in the office on Monday so what I am going to do is go ahead and except sign ups and will take them as first come first on the list. If we get to many the excess will be put on a waiting list and if cancellations occur the first on the waiting list will progress to the class. First timers will get priority over second timers.
Ladies here is what I need from you!PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND PUT ALL INFORMATION NEEDED WHEN SIGNING UP!
1.[/b] Your full name & your MOC username. Example: Donna Ziegler - ka9vrx
2.[/b] If this is your first time or if this is a second time. Example: Donna Ziegler 2nd time.
(You will be put on a waiting list if this is your second time and there are no openings. Please understand & remember that 1st timers need to be able to go first.)
3. [b]INCLUDE ONLY, if you are able to volunteer the use of your truck and if so what kind of hitch you have. Example: I volunteer our Dodge Ram short bed with a Reese ProSeries 16K 5th Wheel Head w/Dual Jaw Hitch.
(We need to know what kind of truck & hitch you are using so as to be able to determine if we can use your truck or not. Not all hitch setups will work.)
If after talking with the Rep next week and I need further information I will update on this thread. So please keep an eye on this posting.
SIGN UP SHEET
1. Kathy Adams - onekla - Sierra 2500 Pro Series 15K hitch - 1st
2. Margaret Gearhart - mdgear - 1st - 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 shortbed with Mor Ryde Hitch Pin and 18K SuperGlide hitch
3. Beth Uhler - PVCOACH - 1st
4. Adrienne Bennett - WaltBennett - 1st - F350 Dually w/Curt 20K Hitch
5. Linda Collins - Jimcol - 1st -2009 Dodge Ram Short Bed w/Curt 16K slider hitch
6. Janice Ruehle - djr - 1st
7. Pati Luciano - scott-pati - 1st
8. Margie Vier - jdvier - 1st - (PM request)
9. Carol Keller - lkeller - 1st - Dodge 3500 Long bed, Reese 16k hitch
10. Pat McFarlin - Max - 1st
11. Sharon Williamson - Sharon Williamson - 1st
12. Judy Hall - JandBHall - 1st - Ford 250 Short Bed w/16k B&W 'The Patriot' hitch
13. Marjorie Patten - MP2 - 1st
14. Donna Werner - mdwerner -1st
15. Bonnie Lee - DonandBonnie - 1st - Ford 350 Dually w/B&W Combination Hitch
16. Debbi Koehler - Camping Koehlers - 1st
17. Mary K. Hill - PERetired - 1st - Reese 15K hitch
18. Vicki Allen - markrving - 1st
19. Joanne Johnson - johnsonw - 1st
20. Annette Norton - The Black Pearl - 1st
21. Darese Hayde - Deehorselover - 1st (pm request)
22. Patty Kight - Dunrovin1955 - 1st
23. Barbara Vander Meulen - Blackshadow - 1st (email request)
24. Lynn Mantz-Powers - Paul Mantz-Powers - 1st
SIGN UP SHEET FOR 2ND TIMERS
1. Pat Sessoms - HOOK - 2nd time
2. Mina Greenlee - Mynabird - 2nd time
3. Bev Schlee - worknomore- 2nd time
4. Terrie Ames - teames27 - 3rd time
5. Jane Tiedeman - Dtiedeman - 2nd time
6. Jan Mains - Bill and Jan - 2nd time
7. Susie Walsh - Snowbiz - 2nd time
8. Pat Bohmer - remhob - 2nd time