Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-22-2014, 01:02 AM   #21
farmall130
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #13857
All campers seem to have decal issues over time, but Keystone seems to have more than others. I've seen bad decals on Keystone products for years. It would seem it would be in their best interests to buy better quality dcals to start with than to have folks always bad mouthing their graphics. Our FW is under a shed this time, I hope this extends the life of them considerably, along with the finish and roof....

farmall130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 11:02 AM   #22
artfuldodger
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10933
I did this job last summer myself and although it was a slow process, there was no difficulty doing it. I got all the decals direct from Keystone for my 08 3605 when I was at the 2012 National rally in Goshen, Indiana. Zero $ and they knew I was not the original owner. Apparently, the replacement decals are made by a different company, but they were a perfect fit and the set was complete. My loyalty was cemented that day.
2011 Ford f350 srw long box Lariat with B&W Patriot hitch. Residential Fridge.
artfuldodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 11:10 PM   #23
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Our 2007 has had two total replacement of the graphics. Now the last replacements are cracked and peeling badly. There are 4 other Montanas in the campground this weekend, and all 4 are in the same sorry graphics situation. Keystone should come see bad our rigs look, and his well the graphics on a the SOBs look. The Montanas surely are poor advertisements for Keystone. We will not replace ours again.
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 02:54 PM   #24
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
There are a couple of Montana's at our Winter Resort that have been under cover since new. They are 2008 and 2010 Montana's and look like new. The gel coat is shinny and the graphics are perfect. They look like they just came out of the dealership. We had graphic folks here in our home town examine new graphics sent by Keystone and said they were 5 to 7 year graphics under normal conditions. The graphics on our 06 3400 lasted very well 5 years with little care and outdoors all over the country. However at the end of year 7 I could peel them off the 3400 in most places they just came apart.

Most of the shops here along the Shores Of lake Erie specialize in Marine graphics and they last many years under very hard conditions. They are also very pricey.

we have BTW observed bad looking graphics on many SOB Rv's in Campgrounds across the country.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 04:12 PM   #25
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Mine just started curling a little last year. But this year they are really starting to curl and peel more. But only on the front and rear. Sides still look fine. OK I guess for 7 yrs. Time to look at replacements.

There is an SOB in storage near mine that the graphics are all but gone. And a recent rant on rv.net about another different brand SOB graphics peeling underscored the fact that it is not limited to one brand. Have seen other SOBs, including MHs, with bad graphics also.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote