Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 02-27-2013, 12:45 PM   #1
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Free Scanner APP

I downloaded a free APP for my I-phone that is a scanner. It will locate nearly everything you want to listen at, by country all the way to your local area. I almost spent a little over $500 for a desk top scanner for the house that I was interested in but just couldn’t give it up. Shortly after that, a friend told me about the scanner app. Every time I hear our local fire siren sound I can turn this app on and hear exactly what’s going on. The only drawback is that there isn’t a way to program just the particular frequency that you may want but with what it has found locally I’m hearing as much or more than I used to hear.

The app I have is called “S. R. Deluxe” oh did I mention that it was free? There are also other apps to choose from as well.

**Please be aware, it may be illegal to listen to a scanner while on the road!**

Old 02-27-2013, 01:33 PM   #2
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Ohmigosh... you mean a police or other band scanner, not the converting a document to an e-file. It took me a while to figure this one out.

I don't mess with your type of scanner for the reason you mention in the red text and in the back of my mind I don't wanna know what's going on out there. I do have a relatively new printer/copier/fax/scanner machine that works very well. It cost me about $200. Then there's the ink cost (haven't bought them yet, but WOW when I do). Ain't free but it ain't $500 either.

Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:42 PM   #3
grampachet
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8045
I purchased the app called TIME TUNER for .99.

This is an alarm clock/radio that you can listen to
Maybe hundreds of different radio stations and it
Includes local or anywhere police, fire, sheriff and many
other stations.

Not free but it can certainly open up a whole new world
of listening.
grampachet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:52 PM   #4
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
I use it too. I live in Texas but listen to see if I can here my old company being dispatched. In fact I was talking on line with my boy and he said gotta call gotta run, turned it on and listened to the call he was on. He thinks it's funny when I ask him about an accident or fire call if he made the run. Only thing is, it sure makes me antsey cause my feet wanna run.
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:13 AM   #5
RickW
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9139
http://www.broadcastify.com/ (Formally @ RadioReference.com - Will be removed completely from RadioReference at some point in the near future). Live Audio from all over. If you have a premium subscription you can then listen to the archives. The app you are using is most likely an using broadcastify/radioreference for the actual feed. Great tool for listening at something that is beyond earshot but having a scanner is still a great tool to have.

http://www.incidentpage.net/ will send text alerts to you as incidents are happening in real time.
RickW is offline   Reply With Quote