RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
 

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-18-2013, 03:19 AM   #1
DonandBonnie
Montana Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Madison
Posts: 1,239
M.O.C. #5906
SOB Driver........Grrrrrrrr.

Here he comes down the drive in the campground with his SOB. going to make a left into a pull through spot. We are on the right, truck parked parallel to the road and more than two feet off the drive. He hugs the right side of the road to have enough room to make the left turn. And yes, you guessed it, I have to head to the body shop to fix where the rear of his SOB swung right and carressed the bed and tail light of my truck.
DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:44 AM   #2
1retired06
Montana Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Lake Gaston
Posts: 8,251
M.O.C. #12156
Hope he is paying for it!!
__________________
Mike and Lorraine
2002 3655 FL, 2005 3650RK
2010 3665RE, 2015 3910FB
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:48 AM   #3
DonandBonnie
Montana Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Madison
Posts: 1,239
M.O.C. #5906
Guess we will see how good his insurance is. The body shop is working with them as we speak.
DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:12 AM   #4
Steve and Susie
Montana Fan
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Grand Ledge
Posts: 417
M.O.C. #12618
Last summer an SOB pulled into the campground. If I'm not busy and feel someone needs help I am always glad to be of what help I can be, to those not so efficient in backing. The cg owners daughter came over and asked if I could go down to a lot and help the guy. Got down there and it was way beyond my help. He had bought the 5th wheel in Tennessee, came to Michigan to work, and had NOT even had the truck in reverse with the trailer. When I got there, the back window of his truck was gone, there was a huge "V" in the back of the cab, and a good sized chunk out of the front corner of his 5th wheel. To make matters worse, he decided to leave the unit where it was, and put the slides out for his wife, which added to his problems as the electric box was now 1/3rd of the way into his living room slide and he didn't take the pressure off the hitch when pulling out, and it was now situated a couple inches below the bed of the truck. What a mess that one turned out to be. Much more than one cold beer fix. Happy Trails, Steve and Susie
Steve and Susie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:59 PM   #5
DQDick
Site Team
 
DQDick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Wilsey
Posts: 17,907
M.O.C. #11455
Sounds like one of those 5th wheel deals you see on Craigs list. "Only used one trip".
__________________
Dick, Joyce, Diego, Picatso and Gustav
2017 3720 RL, and 2013 HC 343RL
2017 3500 Dodge Maxi DRW 4X4, Pullrite Hitch, IS, Disk Brakes, 3rd AC, Winegard Traveler, Bathroom door mod, Dometic 320, couch for desk swap, etc.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:06 PM   #6
K&Gs3400RL
Montana Fan
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Olympia
Posts: 410
M.O.C. #9671
Im glad I started with a tent trailer and worked my way up to what I have now.
And I am guessing the SOB your referring too does not mean some other brand in this case?
Guess I cant read
K&Gs3400RL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:06 PM   #7
steelpony5555
Montana Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Copperas Cove
Posts: 1,426
M.O.C. #12096
We have all had our stupid moments but seems some get more stupid then others lol lol
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:10 AM   #8
simonsrf
Montana Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Box Elder
Posts: 3,707
M.O.C. #3120
Last month I watched a guy move and park his 5th-wheel with his three slides out. He moved from one site to one around the corner and up the hill.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:58 AM   #9
DonandBonnie
Montana Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Madison
Posts: 1,239
M.O.C. #5906
The estimate came in at just shy of 2900 bucks. Now awaiting his insurance company to do their gyrations.
DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:51 PM   #10
DQDick
Site Team
 
DQDick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Wilsey
Posts: 17,907
M.O.C. #11455
That's an expensive cornering mistake!
__________________
Dick, Joyce, Diego, Picatso and Gustav
2017 3720 RL, and 2013 HC 343RL
2017 3500 Dodge Maxi DRW 4X4, Pullrite Hitch, IS, Disk Brakes, 3rd AC, Winegard Traveler, Bathroom door mod, Dometic 320, couch for desk swap, etc.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:09 AM   #11
DonandBonnie
Montana Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Madison
Posts: 1,239
M.O.C. #5906
Sure is, Dick. And that doesn't include the cost of a loaner/rental car while the truck is in the shop.
DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:16 PM   #12
CORattler
Montana Master
 
CORattler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 3,335
M.O.C. #10496
I'd love to see pictures of this!

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Steve and Susie

He had bought the 5th wheel in Tennessee, came to Michigan to work, and had NOT even had the truck in reverse with the trailer. When I got there, the back window of his truck was gone, there was a huge "V" in the back of the cab, and a good sized chunk out of the front corner of his 5th wheel. To make matters worse, he decided to leave the unit where it was, and put the slides out for his wife, which added to his problems as the electric box was now 1/3rd of the way into his living room slide and he didn't take the pressure off the hitch when pulling out, and it was now situated a couple inches below the bed of the truck.
__________________
2010 3150RL
LevelUp, Dual 6 volt batteries, Progressive Industries EMS HW50C, Honda EU2000i Generator, Bridgestone Duravis R250 tires, Torklift Glowstep Revolution Stairs, LED Tail lights
2015 RAM 3500 Laramie SRW LB CC Cummins 6.7L Aisin Trans B&W RVK3600
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:05 AM   #13
Steve and Susie
Montana Fan
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Grand Ledge
Posts: 417
M.O.C. #12618
hahahaha, I really wanted to take pictures, but Susie had a fit, saying I shouldn't make him feel any worse than he already did. And, thinking back I guess she was right. The poor guy was so flustered he just kept on doing things wrong, one after the other. I finally slowed him down with a cold beer, and said, okey now, lets tackle this one item at a time and get things taken care of, not thinking how long that project could be. But he got on his way, just hope he didn't have any more days like that. I don't like to laugh at someone Else's problems, but sometimes ya just can't help yourself. Happy Trails, Steve
Steve and Susie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:25 AM   #14
Flymutt
Montana Fan
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bella Vista
Posts: 472
M.O.C. #12223
That was extremely nice of you and your wife!

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Steve and Susie

hahahaha, I really wanted to take pictures, but Susie had a fit, saying I shouldn't make him feel any worse than he already did. And, thinking back I guess she was right. The poor guy was so flustered he just kept on doing things wrong, one after the other. I finally slowed him down with a cold beer, and said, okey now, lets tackle this one item at a time and get things taken care of, not thinking how long that project could be. But he got on his way, just hope he didn't have any more days like that. I don't like to laugh at someone Else's problems, but sometimes ya just can't help yourself. Happy Trails, Steve
Flymutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:22 PM   #15
CORattler
Montana Master
 
CORattler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 3,335
M.O.C. #10496
In retrospect, you wife was right. Thanks for the chuckle anyway.


Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Steve and Susie

hahahaha, I really wanted to take pictures, but Susie had a fit, saying I shouldn't make him feel any worse than he already did. And, thinking back I guess she was right. The poor guy was so flustered he just kept on doing things wrong, one after the other. I finally slowed him down with a cold beer, and said, okey now, lets tackle this one item at a time and get things taken care of, not thinking how long that project could be. But he got on his way, just hope he didn't have any more days like that. I don't like to laugh at someone Else's problems, but sometimes ya just can't help yourself. Happy Trails, Steve
__________________
2010 3150RL
LevelUp, Dual 6 volt batteries, Progressive Industries EMS HW50C, Honda EU2000i Generator, Bridgestone Duravis R250 tires, Torklift Glowstep Revolution Stairs, LED Tail lights
2015 RAM 3500 Laramie SRW LB CC Cummins 6.7L Aisin Trans B&W RVK3600
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Day Night Shades GRRRRRRRR dodge General Discussions about our Montanas 14 05-23-2018 01:26 PM
Driver Training Mel General Discussions about our Montanas 3 10-22-2010 06:08 AM
Hughes.net ........grrrrrrrr DonandBonnie Internet & Cell Phones 7 07-01-2007 06:58 AM
How to tell where a driver is from... tbhd Sitting around the Campfire 4 07-29-2005 03:30 PM
How To Identify Where A Driver Is From Glenn and Lorraine Sitting around the Campfire 1 02-11-2005 04:40 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Montana RV, Keystone RV Company or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×