Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 04-30-2012, 05:48 PM   #1
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
new signature

It's time to move on. Our best friend Casey has now been gone for over a year and we're finally to the point where we will change our avatar signature to include Chyanne and remove Casey.

He will always be with us in our hearts and occupies a special place in our Florida home.

c214dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:41 AM   #2
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Don't see anything new...in fact, don't see anything!!!
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:24 PM   #3
lasater
Montana Master

M.O.C. #77
That's tough. We lost our Welsh Corgi a couple of years ago and hurt for a long while. Looking forward to the new avatar.
lasater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:41 PM   #4
kab449
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11842
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by c214dick

It's time to move on. Our best friend Casey has now been gone for over a year and we're finally to the point where we will change our avatar signature to include Chyanne and remove Casey.

He will always be with us in our hearts and occupies a special place in our Florida home.
Sorry for your loss, but sounds as you are able to move on. I haven't been active on MOC for a year, so if can, would you tell me about Casey?
kab449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:37 PM   #5
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
Casey was adopted by us when he was 18 mos old from a no kill shelter. He was a border collie mix and was Louise' best friend. They would always walk together by Lake Michigan which is in our back yard (almost). Casey loved to chase the deer but never caught one though I think he may be having better luck in doggie heaven. He also loved to chase squirrels and caught one in our back yard. All he could do was look at me with the squirrel in his mouth. When I asked him "now what" he dropped the squirrel and chased it again. Fortunately the squirrel got away.
He was 14+ when we put him to "sleep" and our last words to him was go catch the deer.

The current avatar is blank while we compose a picture with our new border collie, Chyanne. Chyanne is also a rescue dog and we have had her for over 3 years. She is Louise' new walking partner, loves to chase balls, frisbees, squirrels and deer. She has also added racoons to her list but seems to be smart enough to stay away from skunks which was one of Casey's weeknesses.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:28 AM   #6
Bigboomer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12333
Sorry for your loss. We too had to part with our dear friend, Boomer a couple of years ago. He was a Beagle in the very same mold as Snoopy! Some folks never quite understood why we called him our son, but I am sure most folks with pets can understand. We found him as a stray and he quickly became daddy's boy (never, ever listened to DW). He loved camping, especially sitting by the fire and waiting for the burgers and dogs to make their way towards him.

Hope you have peace knowing Casey is chasing those deer!!!

Old 05-02-2012, 02:36 PM   #7
kab449
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11842
Thank you for sharing the info on Casey, Dick and Louise. We have two dogs and they are indeed our best friends. They both are 7 years old so hopefully they have many years yet. Occasionally I think about that inevitable time and I reach the same conclusion: I'm sure it will be one of the worst days of my life.
I feel your pain and am glad you are well along in the healing process.
kab449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:55 PM   #8
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
Thanks for the kind words. Casey is alive and well in our memories and the longer we have Chyanne the more we see similarities. Casey always enjoyed being outside and watching the world go by, including squirrels and deer. Chyanne also enjoyed being outside but more so lately. She is constantly going to the door to go outside which she never did before. Once outside she occupies Casey's vigil on the front stoop or in the backyard behind the hot tub.