Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 02-19-2012, 01:58 PM   #1
chieflawdawg
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6935
Charlotte, NC RV Show

Went to the RV show today and was quite disappointed. Should have been named the'Camping World Show. Paid $10 to get in and $5 to park and only saw three different dealers there. Don't get me wrong. I like CW and support them, but when the 95% of the RV's in the whole Merchandise Mart have a CW sticker on them, what gives? I know they carry almost every brand and style of RVs out there, but where are the little independent dealers that most of us have dealt with in the past? Are they losing the franchises to CW like many around here have? If we don't have competition, we lose competitive pricing. Again, not speaking evil against CW 'cause I like them. Just venting about paying $15 when I could have gone and seen most of the same rigs at the local CW for free.

chieflawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 02:28 PM   #2
Docweems
Established Member

M.O.C. #12222
Went to the same show on Friday...there was another competing RV show in Charlotte the same weekend. It was composed of most of the independant dealers in NC. Their prices were a little cheaper, but still high. As one who was looking for the biggest variety of RV's to look at to see what was out there, I liked the CW exhibits better. I thought the fact that there were esentially two competing shows in the same town the same weekend, both confusing and expensive from the consumer perspective. I voiced my concerns to the visitor centers folks as well.
Apparently the independant dealer group was headed up by the person who headed up the bigger show in years passed, and he decided to quit and start his own show...unfortunately it was still not in a consumer best interest...they need to get their act together in that community.

Docweems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 02:35 PM   #3
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
Hi Steve, as you saw in my thread, CW is moving in. I guess time
Will tell. There will be another show in Fayetteville in Mar, come on down. Good to hear you are coming to Mid Atl. Maybe we will see you somewhere soon. Larry
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote