Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 04-24-2007, 02:14 PM   #1
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
Getting ready for big weekend!!

Nancy and I have been in chattanooga for last 3 weeks, now we are getting ready this weekend (april 28 29) for the National Cornbread Festival, at South Pittsburg Tn. Its a quaint little town on the Tennessee river, with mountains all around. They close the town down with crafters and food vendors all down main street. Big backers of the festival are marth white and Lodge cast Iron which is Lodge's manufacturing of their iron wares. so if any Moc members around that area it is a really big Event! As some knows, Nancy And I Cook fresh pork rinds, cracklins, in the old timey Iron wash pots. Also I do fantastic "southern style" boil peanuts! This is not an advertisment, but just letting every one know of a fun place to be if they traveling thru tn on I-24 30 miles west of Chattanooga. LOL maybe I will add some diesel fuel $$$$ here.

tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 03:35 PM   #2
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
I've watched the National Cornbread Festival & Bake-off on television before, but I am sure it's aired on television after the actual event. It's very interesting and I've been able to find the winning recipes online (http://www.marthawhite.com/). Which by the way, are excellent! I use Lodge cast iron skillets and love 'em.

I'm in California and will be looking forwards to some new recipes. I hope you have a great time. When we retire, that's a festival I want to go to.

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 04:04 AM   #3
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
Margee, I'm sure there will be new recipes, theres cornbread that even I have never heard of being baked there, and there is a cornbread ally where for about $2.50 you can sample most every kind made! But theres just so much different types of foods that the vendors have, like a "cornbread salad" that will melt in your mouth. LOL very hard to stay within your diet at this festival.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:27 PM   #4
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Ohhh, yummy! I wish we were there! But Moab is a pretty good place to be if one can't be in beautiful Tennessee. Have fun!
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 03:08 PM   #5
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Tom and Nancy - I believe that we will just follow you around. You sure know where to eat. After trying the Mooose Cafe in Asheville, NC at your suggestion and really enjoying it, we want to try the Cornbread Festival now. Maybe next year.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 04:50 PM   #6
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
Carol, Jim, would be a pleasure to have you travel with us, and so glad you enjoyed the "moose". So we will be leaving chattanooga 3rd of may heading to nashville for couple weels at 2 COE parks on percey priest lake. We know good fun eating places there to! LOl,
Old 04-26-2007, 10:46 AM   #7
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Thank you, Tom and Nancy. If there is a Cornbread Festival next year , we will try to hook up then, thank you. We are in Central FL now and heading to Mt Rushmore for end of May, first part of June.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 03:32 PM   #8
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
yep I'm certain there will be this is the 11th yr for it, and its my 10th yr to be a vendor. its always the last full weekend of april. serveral campgrounds close by some right on Nickajack lake, and only 25 miles to chattanooga where there are serveral campgrounds.