Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > Archived - MOC WEB SITE & COMPUTER TECH HELP > Archived MOC Geek Squad
Click Here to Login

Old 12-24-2006, 02:01 AM   #21
refocused
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6586
ols1932 and LonnieB -

Thanks - guess it was too simple - what would we do without each other!?!

refocused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 02:47 AM   #22
HomeOnTheRoad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1104
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by H. John Kohl

I run IE7 and have had no problems. I like it ability to open multiple tabs. You can have Many windows open under one IE window and just click the tabs to go between. The Favorite list allows you to open your choice in the existing tab or by clicking on the right-hand arrow you open a new tab.
Cheers,
That looks like they copied Firefox with the tabs. Firefox has tabs for a long time. Tabs are good. Firefox you can hold the control key when you click on a link and it opens in a new tab. Hold shift key and it opens in new window. IE is probably like that too. Also can right click to choose tab or window.
HomeOnTheRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 04:57 AM   #23
kegger5769
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4412
Installed IE7 on the work computer with XP Pro 4-5 week ago with no problems. I agree I others I like the multi-tab feature. Haven't tried it a home yet (2 laptops & 1 desktop) but might since I have some time off from work....don't go back till 1/2!!!!
BTW: "MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL"
>>>>>remember the reason for the season
kegger5769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 05:41 PM   #24
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
I installed IE7 on my home system which is used for all kinds of things including video editing. Unfortunately it broke things so badly with my video editor that I had to reload the system. Unfortunately I didn't associate the problem with having installed IE7. During the reload I put IE7 back on and discovered I still had problems. I talked with a friend who works in IT at a huge insurance company and he told me there are lots of issues. I removed IE7 and was barely able to finish the video editing I was doing for Christmas gifts. The system is still unstable, so next week I get to reload the system again. I have good backups of the data, but it is a real ordeal to reload this system. This is what I get for breaking my own rules about installing Microsoft application upgrades before letting the rest of the world find all the bugs.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 06:22 PM   #25
ragdoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #235
Send a message via AIM to ragdoll Send a message via MSN to ragdoll
Thanks Sue - It took me a little working but it worked and was able to even get the maps side by side.

Merry Christmas
Lorraine
ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 05:30 AM   #26
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
I have noticed it takes a lot longer to open web pages on the new IE7. I tried it at home, job 1(high speed cable) and job2(DSL) but all seem to take forever to open a web page. I miss IE6.

Phil
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 06:40 AM   #27
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Lorraine,
It looks really nice. Congratulations.
Happy trails..................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 01:27 PM   #28
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
I have developed a Java(TM) Plug-in Fatal Error
Several Java Virtual Machines running in the same process caused an error.

This is associated with the Games.Yahoo.com link.
It prevents me from playing the games. Thank goodness I have Firefox.
Cheers,
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 05:52 PM   #29
ragdoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #235
John, I am having the same java error on the laptop but haven't so far on the desktop. Like you, this occured on the aol game site. Hope they come out with a fix - don't want to have to think about reloading IE6 on laptop.

Thought I would edited this instead of another post. I encountered problems with java error this morning on my desktop so I went in and uninstalled on the add/remove programs then went to java.com and downloaded and installed java. It worked so have done the same to laptop and tested it - so far so good. Hope this helps you.

I also think IE7 works better on the new computer as it has the speed to handle it compared to my out of date desktop.

Safe travels.
Lorraine
Old 12-27-2006, 02:03 PM   #30
ragdoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #235
Well it appears the uninstall and reinstall has not held - it worked for a while today but tonight went to play a game and got the java run fatal error. I have looked for fixes for IE7 but nothing at the moment has popped up. Anyone having any luck or is the only option to reload IE6? Other than the java problem haven't encountered anything else.

Lorraine
Old 12-27-2006, 02:29 PM   #31
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Lorrain, I just un-installed IE7 from 2 computers, and they just went back to IE6 automatic.

I downloaded IE7 Saturday , and it seemed to working okay, but took it off after reading all these posts. I also like 6 better than 7.
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 02:55 PM   #32
William H. Collier
Montana Master

M.O.C. #798
For the past month or so I have been getting these little boxes poping up saying IE didnt recognize something and I would have to shut this program down. I down loaded 7 awhile back and didnt like the new page so I went back to 6. Then when these little boxes started poping up I called a computer geke friend of mine and he said you better get used to the new page because many of the programs will not work properly with 6. I down loaded 7 last week and I am getting used to the new page and it has worked fine, no more little boxes poping up.
Bill
William H. Collier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 03:21 PM   #33
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Thanks for the info Bill. I may have to get used to it too, but not until I have to. No little boxes YET!!
Old 12-27-2006, 06:37 PM   #34
ragdoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #235
Tonight worked on the java problem - I don't know if it will stay fixed but was able to go to aol games and have it load without the java not wanting to run. One thing I did (don't know that it made a difference but will do the same on the new computer tomorrow) in the Control Panel, Internet Options, advanced tab - I put a ck in the java logging enabled. I got too use to 6 page but guess we will get use to 7 - with the new computer we have a new upgrade coming called Vista but have heard there is problems with it - I don't know when it is scheduled out.

Lonnie your photo's aren't showing up - maybe you are aware.

Safe travels.
Lorraine
Old 12-27-2006, 10:59 PM   #35
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Jack that is a good thing that the right photo don't show up on Lonnie's Sig.
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 01:17 AM   #36
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150

I think something is wrong with the picture place, sometimes they are here and sometimes they are not. Thanks Jack