Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 03-30-2006, 02:00 PM   #1
Les and Julie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1057
Chula Vista, Ca.

We are back on the road, heading to British Columbia --- left Yuma March 28th and we are now stopping in Chula Vista for a couple of nights. Sunday we will be at Ventura Beach RV Park for a couple of nights. Had a wonderful winter at Cocopah RV Resort in Yuma and will return there again in December. Met up a few MOC'ers in Yuma and hope to meet up with more of you as we journey north.

Les & Julie

Les and Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 08:00 AM   #2
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Hope you enjoy my hometown!

vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 08:04 AM   #3
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Les and Julie
Where are you staying in Chula Vista? We want to spend the summer in a cool place within a days drive of our stick house.
Happy trails.....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 12:47 PM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Sue, we stayed at Bernardo Shores RV Park in Imperial Beach, just down the road from from Chula Vista. We even had our own mailbox with US Postal Service right at our site! Adelmoll just spent a month in that park. It's an adult only park.

There are two other parks I know of in CV. One is Chula Vista Resort. Nice but pricey. When we toured them there were lots of little kids running around on the streets and making lots of noise. Maybe we just hit the wrong time.

As Vicki said, she grew up in Chula Vista. She still has family there. All three of our kids were born in CV. And we lived there and in neighboring communities for a number of years. But it is on the south end of metro San Diego and you'd have to traverse the traffic to get out of the area and home to your place.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 02:07 PM   #5
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716

Julie and Les,

We will be at Pismo Beach from April 2-7th. Then San Francisco RV Resort from the 12th - 22nd. If you come near us give a shout, otherwise we'll see you in Beautiful British Columbia.

Sue, no matter where you stay in the San Diego Area, you'll love it but like Steve and Vicki, we felt very fortunate for finding Bernardo Shores. Nice park and the long term rates weren't too bad.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 03:29 PM   #6
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
What were the monthly rates at Bernardo Shores? My daughter graduated from the International University in San Diego so we spent quite a bit of time in the area during those four years and love it. We know it is cooler than Hemet!
Happy trails......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 03:19 AM   #7
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Sue, we paid $615.00 for the month plus electricity of $76.00 for the month. That was cheap compared to some of them.

Helen
Old 04-01-2006, 05:50 AM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Wow, it's gone up. I just fired up Quicken and checked. We payed $510 plus electricity. But that was three years ago.
Old 04-01-2006, 05:54 AM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I didn't mention the other Chula Vista rv park. It's the San Diego KOA, which is in Chula Vista. It's close to two freeways but didn't seem too noisy when we drove through. Lots of kids running around. I like kids but not when they're running loose. We came very close to hitting one youngster who rode his bike out from between two closely packed trailers and smack in front of us. If I had been going more than 5 to 10 mph I would have hit him. It's a nice park, especially if you have kids, but for us I just wanted more peace and quiet. To each his own, though.

One thing we really liked was the privacy we had at Bernardo Shores. We had seven foot hedges (very thick) on three sides, a nice brick (concrete?) patio, and a concrete slab for the house. We could sit out under the awning and see nobody else. We could see our neighbor's trailer, the top half anyhow. However, this park is one of the four times I had to use the slider to get into the sites. The roads are narrow and the hedges go right to the road. It wasn't a problem once a neighbor gave me a hint how to jackknife the Montana onto the slab. With his instruction it was a piece of cake.
Old 04-01-2006, 02:39 PM   #10
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
When we checked out the KOA, they wanted $55.00 per day. Bill just about went in the ditch when I told him. The other one in Chula Vista was $750 plus electric and some of the people that came through our park thought ours was much nicer. Of course being that ww went to Coronado almost every day, we were doubley (is that a word? glad that we were in Imperial Beach.

Helen
Old 04-02-2006, 08:35 AM   #11
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
So, Helen and Bill, you enjoyed your stay in San Diego?
Old 04-02-2006, 04:09 PM   #12
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Steve, if you read my blog you will find that I used the word WOW more then Vicki. Loved San Diego but as I look at your postcards from Moab, I'm longing to go back there too. When my Son got married there we had to go down the canyon on a bicycle path. Even the Minister. Guess there is something special about this entire US of A. But when you start posting your pictures of Bryce Canyon, we don't even want to see them. We will be sooooo jealous.

Helen
Old 04-02-2006, 04:59 PM   #13
Les and Julie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1057
we stayed at the Chula Vista Marina & RV Park -- pricy but nice. We were able to walk on the beach and stroll around the Marina. Quite trolly ride to Old town. Wish we had more time to explore -- will definitely return next year.

Julie
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Parrothead

Les and Julie
Where are you staying in Chula Vista? We want to spend the summer in a cool place within a days drive of our stick house.
Happy trails.....................
Les and Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 06:56 AM   #14
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Les and Julie, good point about the trolley. I highly recommend the trolley while in San Diego. It's available from many places, as you know, including Imperial Beach.

Helen, do you remember the name of that Canyon? There are a lot of those around here! I do read your blog but not recently. I'll do that in a few minutes. Enjoy your trip to Alaska. Someday we hope to do that. But for now I don't want to get that far away from my elderly parents. We may need to get back quickly one of these days. We look forward to your pictures and descriptions.