Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-07-2003, 04:39 PM   #1
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
The adventure begins

Good evening to all. My wife and I are planning on joining the "full timer" ranks in about a month. We have been planning to do this for about a year. The house is now in escrow, the truck set up ('99 Dodge diesel 2500, Auto trans, dialed up somewhat, Banks system, EGT and tranny temp guages, 20K hitch) and we ordered n '03 3655FL last week. It is at the dealer's ow for prep, with a walk thru set for 23 June, delivery on the 29th. we will take it home, live in it thee for the last two weeks of the house sale / clearing out, and "set sail" on 15 July for various places.

Our first question for the Grand Members of the Forum...from your experiences, any special "watch out for" items re 5ers and/or Montanas during the walk thru? We plan to video tape all the tech's info, leave all the systems on for an hour or two, operate everything, crawl around underneath and check all the "cosmetic" items as well. We want it to be right before we leave; the FL will be home for 1-3 years, until we figure out where we want to live after we grow up. (I'm 64, she's 56)

We are definitely NOT experienced RVers. We took a 34 ft Class A out for over two weeks last year, but have not towed anything for 30+ years. Should be interesting!!

The day after delivery, we are towing it over 200 miles to home, through desert country and over a 5000 ft. pass. Any special things to watch out for on that first journey? We will leave at sunrise so as to make the pass in the AM. The FL was towed over 1500 miles to get to the dealer's..I would asume that the wheel lugs have "seated" in that distance..but I will check them at walk thru time. and again at delivery time.

Any advice re these items for the newbies is most appreciated! It is a pleasure to join the group..thanks for your help in getting the adventure rolling!!

PJ and Nan
Long Beach, CA

patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote