Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC/Rio Grande Winter Texans
Click Here to Login

Old 11-10-2005, 01:03 PM   #21
faeb and genb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #57
We have played Mexican Train many times & keep it in R V. There is a big room at Blue Bonnet do't know the rules for using it. We will be in the Valley around the 20 th of Dec. & will check it out.
Gene

faeb and genb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 05:35 AM   #22
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Did we decide on day and time for the RV Show? Last I see proposed is Thursday, 1/12, noonish. Is that final?

Also, where do we meet at the show? I assume at the Montana area but what if there is more than one Montana dealer there? Never having been there I'm not familiar with the place.

Thanks.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 02:29 AM   #23
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
I believe the time is pretty well set Steve, as to where to meet?? Well, I know there is one dealer in the Valley that sells Montana, Goodings. I have NO idea if they participate in the show, or if other dealers come from afar to participate. So, having never been to the show ourselves, I don't know exactly what to tell you. Bill and Ann, not sure if you have ever been to this show, maybe you can give some insight???

If all else fails, check out the territory as soon as possible, and keep in touch via cell phone?? Some of us will be in the same park, so, maybe we could arrange to go in force and that would make a group for others to look for???

Now, if Mother Nature will behave and allow us to get out of here on time, all will be well!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 02:16 AM   #24
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
We were at the show the first year we were in the valley. Pre Montana days so I can't answer who the dealer is.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 05:47 AM   #25
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Hi Gang,

I had a call today from Kevin Farnham, (District Sales Manager for Montana in Texas and mid-west).

His concept of our participation in the "All Valley RV Show" (based on how it works at the Tampa Show in FL) is that we should gather at the Montana display area and he will give us a tour of the new models and features. Those who are so inclined, may hang around as "Montana boosters", others may choose to drift away. I guess it is typical of the RGV that plans are rather vague, but Kevin did say that he will only be there on Thursday and Friday. Show is Thursday January 12 to Saturday January 14, time is roughly 9 to 5. It is an outdoor show, so I suppose weather will be a factor too.

Previous discussions seem to have centered around Thursday, with a group meal worked in somewhere.

What would the group think to having a lunch gathering, and visiting the show ground either before of after lunch? Perhaps some would go morning, and others afternoon to spread our presence around.

Anyway, the topic is open for discussion, and like Carol, I am not the organizer, just a go-between, so feel free to jump in and make any suggestions you like.

Such as it is, here is the link to the show web site: http://www.rgvparks.com/rvshow.html
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 06:24 AM   #26
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
John, I had suggested eating AFTER the show, so that those that wanted to, could go early and spend some time, others can show up at noon, at the show. If I eat first, HAHA, I might just want to try out one of those beds in the new Montanas!! HA HA HA HA

But, also, I am not the final say on this, so those that plan on attending, please state your preferences, I do suggest that we keep it on Thursday.

Post your preferences, meal BEFORE or AFTER.

Can we agree to meet at Montana booth/area, at Noon???
Old 12-21-2005, 06:25 AM   #27
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
OntMont, since it's an outdoor show, we'd better start (Or continue) by planning our get-together on Thursday. Then if it's a bad weather day, we can slip it a day, Friday, then Saturday. A lunch gathering is always a popular event. I can't offer any suggestion for a place to eat as this is our first trip to the valley.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 10:10 AM   #28
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Judy, for those that love Mexican, Al and I know of a nice place in Mercedes (if it is still there of course), family place, has a room in the back that might be good for us. Al and I will check it out as soon as we can.

Still need to know, is this an early lunch, or late?? 11 AM or 3/4 PM??

Course, you may not want to eat Mexican??? So, need a nod on that as well, please vote !!!
Old 12-21-2005, 11:47 AM   #29
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
When we were in Albuquerque, we spent the weekend eating at as many Mexican restaurants that we could fit in our schedule, so our vote is 'yes'.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:25 PM   #30
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We'll vote for show first, then the meal. That way we can sit around and talk together at/after the meal or leave when ready. But we can live with it either way.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 12:57 PM   #31
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
We vote for show first, then eat. Mexican food is good, good, good!!
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 05:09 AM   #32
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Steve's point is well taken. After eating, most MOCers like to talk to one another as their favorite activity. If so, would we be talking about 4:00 PM or so? After a big Mexican meal, sitting around might be all we feel like doing for a while.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:13 AM   #33
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Judy, 3 or 4, depending on when we get tired of tromping around the show!

If we have more votes, they will be surely taken into consideration, but since Al and I will be on the road, hopefully as of the 27th, and it will take is 5 or 6 days to get there, I am gonna consider this a semi done deal:

Attend show on the 12th. Meet at the Montana booth, at noon. You can come earlier if you so desire to have a good look around the show. Late lunch, early dinner between 3 and 4 (I will see if we can reserve that room, and let ya know when I find out), at the Mexican place in Mercedes.

Judy, could you please look up the Vickster when you get to the Palms, last year she did not have a computer with her, and I don't know if she took one this year.

Al and I put the slides out today and are packing things that will not freeze. Have a great holiday everyone, have a good run, see ya in the Valley, God willing and the creek don't rise.

IF ANYONE WANTS TO TAKE OVER THE ARRANGEMENTS FOR THIS GET TOGETHER, PLEASE JUST JUMP IN HERE.

Carol
Old 01-03-2006, 06:01 AM   #34
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
kkkk, the show is now in 9 days! Anyone else have VOTES to cast, please do so!
Old 01-03-2006, 08:05 AM   #35
JLBOZ60
Montana Master

M.O.C. #826
We will be attending the RV Show on the morning of the 12th. See everyone there. Marge
JLBOZ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 02:57 PM   #36
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Received the following info from Montana rep. Kevin Farnham tonight. His flight arrangements will not allow him to arrive at the show before about 1:30 on Thursday. I don't think that this need change any plans, except that we won't be able to meet with Kevin until a bit later in the day than originally expected.
Old 01-05-2006, 02:26 AM   #37
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Thanks John for the update on that.

We can still meet at noon, or put it back to 1PM. If we meet at noon, that will give us a chance to pour over the units before Kevin arrives, and then we will be FULL of questions! HA HA

Al and I are tooling down to Mercedes today to check out the restaurant, will post results later.
Old 01-05-2006, 02:12 PM   #38
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
We have finally got on the road. Made it to Dayton, OH today.

Kevin's Service Manager, Nic will also be along to help deal with members questions and problems. I told him to expect many, so start working on them!