Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2021, 05:17 PM   #1
lookingfornewadventure
Established Member

M.O.C. #29455
New and Looking for a guiding hand!

Hi
My husband and I are in the process of purchasing an RV for the first time. Seven YEARS of daydreaming about it finally being realized! haha We have narrowed it down to the 3120 or 3230 Montana, or the Alliance 340RL. Test drove a Ram 2500 and loved it but realize we need to go one ton for these size rigs.

This will be our first RV, so LOTS of indecision Youtube and salesman all have an opinion, but I wanted to ask people who have done it/are doing it!

So, for my questions should you care to answer:

How hard is it to drive a one ton as your daily driver? Hubby works from home, so no commute, just local trips to store, and I don't work. Not scared of size, just rattling our brains I suppose.

Hubby might need to work sometimes while we are traveling. He is software engineer so he needs good, fast, reliable internet connection, and lots of data. If this a futile dream?

Is this a crazy setup for folks who are thinking a long weekend trip once a month, and a couple two week vacations a year? Possibly longer stretch of time if the working from RV goes well.

And lastly, we need someone to teach us how to drive this thing. Anyone have a recommendation in the Puget Sound area (washington state) for a driving instructor and/or rv inspector? We will be using both to make sure we know what we are doing and not going to crash into anything!

Thanks, and look forward to meeting some of you on the road! We will be the ones scratching our heads and saying "what did they say? do you remember cause I don't..."
lookingfornewadventure is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
complete newb