Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 05-09-2020, 02:53 PM   #1
margerush
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20713
triple shower door repair

I know many of you have replaced the shower doors with shower curtains, but we really like the doors--when they work right. Last year a screw came loose & jammed the center door & exterior door together, CW repaired the problem. Now it looks like the rear screw (probably the wheel) on the center door has come loose & the door isn't riding on the inside tract correctly. I feel CW didn't repair it properly, and this is why we're having trouble again. Has anyone attempted repairing these doors?

maax.com triple sliding door has an installation guide, but it's very hard to follow. What is the make/manufacturer of these shower doors?

It looks like we need to remove the top aluminum piece with the tracts, then lift & remove one door at a time.

How much trouble is it to put all three doors back on the tracts & re-install the top aluminum cap?

appreciate any help & suggestions.

Toad: 2017 Jeep Wrangler
margerush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 02:58 PM   #2
Dam Miller
Established Member

M.O.C. #22119
I had that problem. Repaired it by drilling a hole in the side of the top track which allowed a screw driver to fit in and then replace the screws that had fallen out.
Dam Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 05:57 AM   #3
FloridaFlockers
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #20649
Had a similar problem, removing the sliding doors is pretty easy. Remove the top rail screws, cut any silicone on the rail ends, and lift the rail "and" the 3 doors out all at the same time. I tapped my doors together to keep them from sliding. The whole assembly is not very heavy but some help might be useful because of the awkwardness. Took ours into the bedroom and put them on the bed with the rail at the foot to do my repairs.
FloridaFlockers is offline   Reply With Quote