Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-04-2012, 07:10 AM   #1
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
TV removal in '08 3295RK?

Friend wants my help in installing a Dish system in his Montana. The TV is installed above the fireplace. I seem to remember others stating about similar installations that you had to remove the fireplace because there were screws going up and into the bottom of the TV to hold it in place. Do I remember correctly about that?
And again trying to remember, I think the fireplace comes out after removing screws on each side of it. There are two of the little wood plugs on each side.
Save me some time by steering me along the right path before I start.

BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:47 AM   #2
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Bill and Patricia,
Correct on the removal of the fire place. If you want to replace the wooden plugs you can find them at Lowes or Home Depot.

I believe I had one screw on the bottom from the fire place and I had to remove the center speaker cap to remove a screw down into the top of the TV cabinet. Remove the bottom one and if the tops is solid that should validate my aging memory.
Good luck.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:34 AM   #3
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
My '06 is exactly the same as what H. John Kohl describes. All your assumptions are correct.

Remove the two plugs on either side of the FP, the side molding comes off, then the FP slides forward. Don't forget to consider the AC plug for the FP behind it. Then there is one long screw that you can get to that holds the TV in place. There might be one above the TV as well and that should do it to remove the TV.

However, what does this have to do with installing a satellite dish. Unless you are also replacing the television the satellite dish installation does not require the TV to be removed unless there is some connector you need to get to on back of the TV.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:45 AM   #4
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Bill & Patricia,
While you have the fire place out. Take the top off where the AC power cord goes in and tighten the screws that hold the AC power cord. Many, me included, had them come loose and burn the wiring. A potential fire hazard.
Here is my post with pictures.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:17 AM   #5
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
John, thanks for the info and the reminder about the fireplace. I guess my memory is still somewhat intact.
Art- I need to get behind the TV to run an HDMI cable from the Dish receiver to the back of the TV. If it is like my old Viewsonic TV the HDMI port is at the very bottom back of the TV.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:33 AM   #6
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Well John and Art, I am beginning to think no two of these things are built alike.
Before trying to remove the fireplace I was using a flashlight and trying to look behind the TV. I noticed a large circular hole in the side wall between the TV space and the pantry. Opened the pantry door and there was a 8"-10" square plastic cover wedged behind the shelf brackets. Slid the cover aside and I could see thru the hole and behind the TV. Lo and behold, the TV was mounted on a large L shaped flat metal bracket that slid into a base plate and held in place by a spring clip. (Exactly like my old TV in the 3075RL, except I had a covered opening thru the back wall of the toilet room).
Reached in, lifted the spring clip and pulled the TV out the front. Connected the cables and pushed it back in. His system is now up and running with his new Tailgater satellite dish.