Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 01-02-2008, 12:49 PM   #21
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
Isn't it amazing, That when you pay this much for a trailer the factory and the dealers start running the customer around like we were a bunch of fools!!! One sends you here,another there,and so on and so forth,until you get so frustrated you have it fixed yourselves. What I would like to know is, when you bought your $40-50 thousand dollar truck to pull your new trailer,where do you go for all of your warranty work if needed? you return to your dealer of course. No matter what fails we expect our dealer to repair or replace it for us. they do not send us to mexico for electrical parts or to canada for trim parts. we fully expect the dealer to repair our trucks and would not expect anything less. So what I cannot believe is we let the RV dealers chase us all over the country and we put up with it. what is wrong with this picture??? We would never tolerate a car dealership telling us that.

racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 02:40 PM   #22
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
racerjoe,

You are one wise hombre!

Thank you. Nice job describing the obvious....have you ever thought about owning a dealership? Think we could all be a best customer.

Sometimes, Keystone thinks we are stupid, have no knowledge or common sense, or have the ability to acknowledge trends. If Keystone continues to pass the buck and not acknowledge that they were the ones who picked the best vendor products to put into their product, and are unwilling to support the people who believed in them in the first place, perhaps they planted the seed for us to look at more sensible solutions, another manufacturer.

Keystone, are you listening? When a product continues to malfunction, it is NOT the responsibility of YOUR customers to correct the problem with the vendors you picked!

simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:30 PM   #23
Ramblin Roadrunners
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7616
Send a message via MSN to Ramblin Roadrunners
I guess I just expect companies to not stept up. I expect Kaiser Permante to only give me the level of care that I settle for. I am the kind of person will not hear no. I will kindly push back harder than I am pushed. I manage an Aamco Transmission shop. I love treating people better than they were expecting. People come into my shop expecting to fight with me over a warrenty problem and I suprise them by fixing it with no fight and no hastle often when they are out of warrenty. To me it is just good business and good customer service. There is always room for comprimise. Customers will often settle for a lot less than I was willing to help if you ask them what can I do to make this right.
My recommendation is to push Keystone and dealer as firmly as possible offering in the end a compromise if they don't step up. Give them a chance to save face and win a little if you have to. I would not settle for nothing being done at all. Take it to a dealer will fight for you if you have to.
Jay D.
Ramblin Roadrunners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:48 PM   #24
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Folks you also have to watch out for tire shops. I took mine to have the tires balanced and to ck for heavy duty valve stems. I just happen to see the man put a big hyd jack in the middle of the back axel and start jacking it up needless to say we talked!!!!!. you have to watch everybody. bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:54 PM   #25
Ramblin Roadrunners
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7616
Send a message via MSN to Ramblin Roadrunners
That is a good point about the tire shop. I could see that happening.
Ramblin Roadrunners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 04:41 PM   #26
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
My whole point is we need to make the dealers and the manufacturers more responsible for the products they sell. Look what happened in the auto industry years ago, thats why states enacted the lemon law to help the consumer in getting his money worth out of a vehicle. If thats what the RV industry wants then let them keep up this poor consumer response. simonsrf,thanks for listening.
racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 02:33 AM   #27
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
When I just had my tires replaced, I took the rig to someone who has a Montana and understands the intricacies of jacking these rigs up.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote