Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-12-2020, 05:53 PM   #21
432bartman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26190
Quote:
Originally Posted by twindman View Post
Not sure about a tailgater, but my DISH antennae is a Pathways II which has no separate power cord. It will not work thru the splitter thing in the newer Montanas. I don't think the splitter can figure out what to send OUT to the Pathways - it only figures out how to split things coming in.
I just made a connection in the side of the TV slide out and go direct to the receiver for the television.
Edit: Also I kind of traced the coax from the convenience area to the television. I think there is over 35 feet of coax ... conv. center all the way to the rear of trailer, then back forward to the television.

No wonder I couldn't get mine to work. I ran a line directly from the satelite dish, through a window and to the receiver. Presto, it works

2019 Keystone Montana 3560RL, 2020 Chevy 2500 HD, Firestone airbags, Air Lift wireless compressor, Curt gooseneck, 20K Reese Goosebox, TST-507, USMC combat vet & retired LEO. Robert, Anika, Breanna, Dylan (daughter-in-law Stephanie). & our Great Pyrenees Layla
432bartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 05:42 PM   #22
mhutchi
Established Member

M.O.C. #20888
Cable Color Codes

Hey guys, having similar issue but have a new guy question. Are the cables color coded or just whatever they have. I notice in the photo, orange, grey and black?
mhutchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 05:36 PM   #23
jchw
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6712
For you all's consideration, I had my Tailgater antenna outside with the satellite cable coming to the trailer and hooked up to my DISH unit. Then I ran a regular RG cable (short piece) from the DISH unit back outside and screwed in to the outside Cable TV hook up. Satellite signal went both to the living room as well as the bedroom. The cables I passed through the lower gap of the living room slideout just before it was fully extended.
jchw is offline   Reply With Quote