Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds State, Provincial & Federal
Click Here to Login

Old 06-10-2023, 11:32 AM   #1
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
FAMCAMP Information Wanted

Can anyone tell me the official site for the rules or where to find them for camping at FAMCAMPS across the nation? I know they are for active and retired military personal and families but I understand Disabled Veterans can also apply for and camp at the FAMCAMP facilities. I need to know what the official site is for the rules or regs of Disabled Vets to camp in them.
Thanks in advance!

Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 01:29 PM   #2
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
We use
https://www.militarycampgrounds.us
They have links to each FamCamp website.
Each website has links to their rules etc.
Daryles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 01:35 PM   #3
CalandLinda
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15948
FAMCAMP is a USAF acronym. Other services call them RV Parks or Campgrounds.

The web site address given above is very informative. I've been a member of that site for 20 years.
CalandLinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 01:48 PM   #4
Dusters
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19305
The Navy tends use sites for lodging such as get.dodlodging.net or 1-877-Navy-Bed. They have a central call desk related to their sites. It is recommended by the site to deal direct to the campgrounds that fall under MWR. I have found all information necessary to make reservations through websites for the campgrounds such the Air Force Academy. Military official sites give you a lot of run around. As a general practice I look for the military station that’s encountered along the way and google them. Most require telephonic reservations.
One more thing at some installations the VA card to enter needs to be registered at the visitors center and then it will register with the scanners at the gate. All vehicles are subject to search and personal weapons are prohibited, even though they very seldom ask.