Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 11-02-2022, 11:23 PM   #1
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
Heading South

Ok, who is still heading south this winter, mostly to Florida? We are leaving in a week and heading to ELKHART area which is our old home area. Then after Thanksgiving we are heading to Florida where we lived for 31 years also. We go to the east coast so no hurricane damage yet. How about you guys who go to the west side? I know when Charlie hit Port Charlotte a few years ago the campgrounds were closed for 6 months or more. If you need a spot until March the St Lucie County fairgrounds has some sites. No shade, just hookups. Also you May check Savanna recreational park. They may have a site now and then If your moving around. That’s where we stay. Nothing special but hookups and it’s pretty quiet. Some shade in spots, lots of birds gators and coons. About 7 miles to the nearest beach. Good luck and enjoy

jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 05:25 AM   #2
MandK
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #28430
We are planning to head out and spend Christmas at our daughter’s in NJ and then down to Fl. Spend a few days in St Lucie, then most of January at Fort Myers, February near St. Pete’s and March in St Augustine. The park near Ft Myers is supposedly ok or will be soon. I spoke With them last week and we are good to go. They are located just east of I-75 so they were somewhat spared I guess.
MandK is online now   Reply With Quote