Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-13-2005, 04:34 PM   #1
Montana_3032
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3032
Locked and Loaded

Yep...Locked and Loaded and it's all OURS

It's official we are now the PROUD owners of a Montanna 3500RL oh YEAH!!!!...

The 'walk-thru' though was a 'beat down'.....but luckily the 'walk-thru' guy was so UNDERSTANDING...and apologized over and over...as the things we were finding were things that should have been 'discovered' during the PDI...

1. Surround Sound didn't work ( they replaced the whole surround sound stero unit)

2. Scare Light was broke...poor guy had to drag a ladder down and replace the bulb

3. Orginal dining table did not 'extend' quite right and had discovered this when first looking at the unit and it was supposed to have been address ALREADY (it wasn't)..you don't know how many 'units' they had to go through to find one with a table like ours.

4. The host connection on the shower leaked (just needed tightning so no big deal)

5. Now I don't know that I'd expect some 'guy' to notice this but I discovered if first thing....one of the 'sink' fit in cutting boards seemed 'warped'...and if you 'touched' it clank clank clank...5 units later we finally found one that didn't clank clank clank

6. The bathroom toilet was 'cockeyed' by about 20 degrees...this FANTASTIC walk-thru guy had the whole toilet 'tore' down, repositioned and back together in less than 20 minutes..

7. The 'glass' in one of the 'French' doors was horribly 'scratched'...they're ordering another....walk-thru guy couldn't believe this had been missed.

8. In the storage compartment they had taken the panels off around the hot water heater and didn't put them back up (no big deal just added time)

9. Our 'starter' kit was to include the 5er silicone disk (was assured this so we left ours on our old Wildcat)...come time to put it on...NO DISK...poor guy ran all the way to the 'parts' department and got us one...

So it was a very very long walk-thru about 5.5 hours total but other than the glass that had to be ordered...everything was taken care of 'on the spot'...

I'm just glad it's over and that our new Montanna is sitting in front of our house as I type

Oh and Walk-thru guys last words were that 'such-in-such' owed him a case of beer or an *** wupping one

Montana_3032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 04:39 PM   #2
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Congradulations on your new Montana. It sounds like you really found a dealer that is willing to take care of the customer.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 05:50 PM   #3
ragdoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #235
Send a message via AIM to ragdoll Send a message via MSN to ragdoll
Congratulations on your new Monty. Sounds like the PDI was about like ours only we were real newbies and didn't know everything to look out for and the "walk-thru" guy rushed us though it. Everything we found was finally fixed through out the first year. I don't think they actually do much to get these units out the door and let the customer find everything that is wrong. Happy to hear that you got everything done on the spot, hopefully you won't have it back in for too many things.

Safe and happy travels.
Lorraine
ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 06:11 PM   #4
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Congrats on your new 3500RL. I hope now that everything is fixed and the coach is home and ready to go you have many, many, many happy miles to come. We are looking forward to hearing about your trips to come. Keep us posted.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 07:29 PM   #5
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Sounds like you did a really good job of inspecting. Should avoid many problems later. Good for you. Now you can settle back and get ready for the great adventure.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 12:57 AM   #6
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Congrats on your new Monty.
It is amazing the things that are missed by not only the selling dealer but more importantly most of these items were missed at the plant as well. Montana builds, in my opinion, a fantastic rig in every aspect BUT their quality control inspecters leave a whole lot to be desired.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 01:25 AM   #7
hodag
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #150
understand your excitement for new trailer. we too traded a wildcat in for our montana. there are a couple of things judy liked better in the wildcat. interior colors is the bid one. congrats.
hodag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 04:00 AM   #8
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Congratulations on your new Montana. May you follow many happy trails with it.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 05:56 AM   #9
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Congratulations on you Montana! You walk thru sounded like you caught everything Happy Camping!!
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 07:47 AM   #10
Montana_3028
Established Member

M.O.C. #3028
As "Whitetrashes" Husband...I can tell you it was a very long process and very tiring. The tech who was helping us went out of his way on a couple of the items. The dinning table had to be pulled from the only other one they had on the lot...and that meant moving about 4 trailers out of the way just to pull the one out he needed. Very happy with it so far...it towed very nicely...I think we are headed to some rally this coming weekend to do a shakeout....Will keep you posted on our first outing one day next week.
Montana_3028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 01:33 PM   #11
Montana_1882
Established Member

M.O.C. #1882
Congrats on the new home. I think it all depends on the guy you deal with. We bought ours and the salesman did an inspection himself before we arrived. He told us what he found and fixed and wanted us to go through it and try to find other things to fix.
My parents bought a unit at the same dealership but with a different salesman and didn't get the same service.
I told them to use my guy but he was on vacation at the time.

I hope you enjoy the new Monty!
Montana_1882 is offline   Reply With Quote