Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 04-12-2007, 02:48 AM   #1
Cyrus
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6535
Winegard Digital HD Receiver

I got my Camping World RV View magazine yesterday and was reading about the Winegard digital HD receiver and sensar antenna. This is the first time I had heard of this system. I have a friend who needs his RV TV system redone and wanted to know your experince with this as an option. He needs a new antenna for local and plans to install a satalite antenna also. This looks like another solution. He uses his RV for weekend trips 2-3 times a month so TV is not a major got to do item for him.

Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 04:08 PM   #2
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Cyrus they do look like they would be great to have and use. We have a satellite, but I have to hook her up and align her the old fashion way. Those self aligning ones would be great.
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 06:17 PM   #3
Rockerdude
Established Member

M.O.C. #6837
Personally, I think having a portable satellite dish is the way to go. I have the Winegard dish with 100 ft of cable and although I have to find the signal the old fashion way, I have a much better chance of finding it (only takes a few minutes anyway). If the dish is installed, then you are stuck to find a signal where ever your RV is parked. So if you have trees in the way of the signal, then sorry, no TV. As far as the HD system, that would be pretty cool.
Rockerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 06:32 AM   #4
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
I'm somewhat confused by this device - We have the factory HDTV and it already picks up channels like 2.1, 2.2, etc. direct from the antenna. I'm not sure how this would add any benefit but it claims it will. Am I missing something? Don't folks already get broadcast HD from the antenna already?

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote