Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 06-15-2005, 05:29 AM   #1
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Our Montana has successfully given birth

We had a bird's nest in the pin box. She had 3 babies. We discovered there were babies when Al went to remove the nest a few weeks ago. Since we were not going anywhere, we just left her and the kids. She has obviously trained them to fly, as they were gone this AM. Now the nests are as well. We removed them, disinfected the area REALLLLLL good, and can now proudly state, Our Montana had triplets!

oh, I think they were sparrows!

I know a lot of you put wire around the pin box area to keep the birds out, but the Isolator has large enough areas that we cannot block off that would still allow ingress and egress for a starling. SIGH

CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 05:51 AM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Congratulations to the grandparents. I guess parenting is for the birds.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 06:27 AM   #3
Jeff Heiser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2088
I hope you haven't suffered much from empty nest syndrome. It can be hard to let them leave the nest.

Jeff Heiser
Merritt Island Florida
Jeff Heiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 07:50 AM   #4
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Congratulations to the Monty Mama,LOL and to the grandparents,LOL I have to admit that I had not thought about putting anything there but we have lots of little birds here in this park so will have Walt check it out.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 05:13 PM   #5
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Congratulations. It's great when the birds leave home.
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 02:55 AM   #6
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
We had a wren nest with 4 babies last year in the rear bumper - the little square hole in the rubber plug makes a perfect opening for the little fellas.
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 06:22 PM   #7
Gypsy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #111
Carol & Al - Congratulations on the births! I've had two nests. The first one contained 3 eggs, but - alas! - I had to remove it before hatching time. Never found out whether the parents returned to the nest, which I carefully relocated to a safe place in the campground. The second nest was just a collection of building materials in preparation for becoming a nest, so no conception took place.
Sharon
Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 05:45 AM   #8
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Congratulations on the new births and successful first flights. You have to let them go and hope for more next year.
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 11:38 AM   #9
JLBOZ60
Montana Master

M.O.C. #826
Congratulations on the birth of the triplets. I remember that you told us when we were there about the nest.

We have been out of computer range and also cell range for the last month. We spent about three weeks in the Upper Peninsula of your wonderful state.

We will be leaving in the morning for Grand Forks,ND for a couple of days, and on to Rugby,ND where we want to see the Int'l Peace Gardens up on the Canadian border.

It has been so hot and humid we are looking forward to Texas this winter.
JLBOZ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 04:38 PM   #10
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
John and Marge, we were beginning to wonder about you guys! Yep, the UP is very pretty, a great place to visit. We drove through there on our way to the Twin Cities. Had a nice ride.

Hot here too, we are now in the Nashua Iowa area. Whew, hot!!!

Carol
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote