Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-18-2004, 03:00 PM   #1
Montana_1683
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1683
Right angle adapter for water.

I have found that on our 3295 that the L-shaped adapter that I have used for years on my other unit doesn't fit on the Montana city water connection so that I can close the door when hooked up at a campground. The side that hooks to the RV is too short for this unit. Instead I have made my own out of PVC pipe so that the door can be closed when hooked to city water.

Gary

Montana_1683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 05:19 PM   #2
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
I use a hose extention with a coil on it so it does not kink.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 06:35 PM   #3
Montana_1197
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1197
Ahh, you can't beat creativity and ingenuity. I got tired of screwing and unscrewing all the hose/filter/regulator/facet connections so I put quick-disconnect fittings on all my stuff, even the trailer end. Sure a lot quicker. I pick the fittings up at Harbor-Freight (Toys-R-Us for men) when they're on sale.
Montana_1197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 05:03 PM   #4
Montana_1683
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1683
DHenry
I tried using the coil wrapped hose extender, but it won't let me shut the city water connection door when hooked up to city water.
May be my problem is just the way the connection on our 3295 was installed at the factory.

I also have a whole house water filter that I bought at home depot and some PVC adapters that salesman in plumbing helped me find to place between the hose and the campground hookup. This way I always have filtered water before it enters the RV. I have used this for about 5 years when I had my Prowler TT. Each spring I put in a new carbon filter, this ensures that I will always have good water. Some places have so much chlorine that it smells like swimming pool water. Also if I forget to drain all the water out of the filter before storing for winter the inside cartridge will crack. Sometimes I have to use a 2nd hose if the campground hookup is too far to reach with just one hose.

Ga

Gary
Montana_1683 is offline   Reply With Quote