Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2022, 02:02 PM   #1
Seaulayter

M.O.C. #30127
New To Montana High Country - Question/Help

I recently purchased a 2022 Montana High Country and have been going through the documentation that was provided when I purchased my unit. There isn't any documentation on the Progressive Dynamics PD4560A Power Center. I have downloaded the docs from the Progressive Dynamics website, but I can't find the answer to my question in their manuals. I've have attached a pic of the 'Blinking Green Light' but I don't have any idea what it is for or what it means. Should I been concerned or is this normal?

I am hookup to shore power and everything seems normal, Does anyone know what the blinking green light means?
Click image for larger version

Name:	PD4560A.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	243.3 KB
ID:	11630

Seaulayter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 02:15 PM   #2
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
From the http://www.progressivedyn.com/pdfs/110030%20English.pdf manual Page #2.
==================================

User Information
Many options will be installed prior to the purchase of your new RV, however there are a few options that you should be aware of while operating your
new POWER CONTROL CENTER.

The Charge Wizard selects the best mode for your battery automatically. However, you can temporarily override the auto settings giving you the
freedom to change the way your battery charges. The Charge Wizard will be able to select between three very unique modes of battery charging.
BOOST, NORMAL, and STORAGE.
BOOST MODE: If the converter senses that the battery voltage has dropped below a preset level the output voltage is increased to approximately 14.4
volts DC to rapidly recharge the battery.
NORMAL MODE: Output voltage set at approximately 13.6 volts DC.
STORAGE MODE: When the converter senses that there has been no significant battery usage for 30 hours the output voltage is reduced to 13.2 volts
DC for minimal water usage. When in storage mode the microprocessor automatically increases the output voltage to 14.4 volts DC for 15 minutes
every 21 hours to help reduce sulfation of the battery plates.

-The above modes can be manually selected by pressing the Wizard Mode Button in the front panel.-
- All times and voltages provided above are approximate. -

CAUTION
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT THE FLUID LEVEL OF ANY CONNECTED BATTERIES BE CHECKED ON A
REGULAR BASIS. ALL BATTERIES WILL “GAS” AND LOSE SOME FLUID WHEN CONTINUOUSLY
CONNECTED TO ANY CHARGING SOURCE.

The Charge Wizard Operation

While the built-in Charge Wizard automatically determines which operating mode is best suited to recharge or maintain optimum battery condition, the Wizard Mode Button allows for manual override and has indicator light(s) to indicate the mode of operation.
NOTE: The Green LED on the left refers to the Charge Wizard - the Red LED on the right was for the Charge Sentinel (supplied on
converters built prior to year 2000)
BOOST MODE – Indicated by green LED remaining on. The output voltage is 14.4VDC to rapidly recharge the battery up to 90% of full charge.
NORMAL MODE – When the battery is between 50% and 90% charged, the green LED will flash once per second. When the battery has reached
90% of full charge the green LED will flash 2 - 3 times per second. In this mode the output voltage is 13.6VDC and the converter is safely completing
the charge of the battery.
STORAGE MODE – Indicated by green LED flashing every 6 - 8 seconds. In this mode the output voltage has been lowered to 13.2VDC, the RV
battery is fully charged and the converter is maintaining the charge.
MANUAL BUTTON - The manual button has been provided to allow the operator to temporarily override the converter (not recommended) or to
verify the converter is operating properly. For manual operation, Press and Hold the button. The indicator light will soon remain “ON” indicating Boost
Mode. Continue to hold the button and the light will blink rapidly indicating the converter is in the Normal Mode. Continue to hold the button until the
light blinks slowly indicating the converter is now in the Storage Mode. After the manual button is released the converter will stay in the selected
mode. When the battery charge status changes, the converter will return to the automatic mode of operation to prevent damage to the battery.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 05:30 AM   #3
MARK A
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18157
Probably your battery Wizard (charger)