Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 07-23-2004, 11:05 AM   #1
Montana_1845
Established Member

M.O.C. #1845
Additional Storage

My husband being the nosey man he is....open the closed off door under the pantry in the kitcen...which is situated left of the single door refrigerator...surprise...surprise, the water pump was under there and there was alot of room for him to add a shelf for my larger pans....cake pans, bundt and so forth....what a bonanza....

Montana_1845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 11:05 AM   #2
Bob & Lee
Montana Master

M.O.C. #718
I dont blame you for looking I als have been looking at all the empty space. I have opened the area above the microwave and put in a shelf and adden extra shelves in the bathroom in the corner next to the sink they put no shelves and a huge cabnet and am now looking at the area under the two drawers it is empty except the outside shower so Iam going to put a fony wall in the back (w/extra insulation) and put in some more shelves. Need to find out where to get some doors or drawer fronts that will match.
Bob & Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 01:20 PM   #3
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
We can all use extra space, thanks for the info. Happy rving...
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 05:02 AM   #4
Montana_685
Established Member

M.O.C. #685
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bob & Lee

I dont blame you for looking I als have been looking at all the empty space. I have opened the area above the microwave and put in a shelf and adden extra shelves in the bathroom in the corner next to the sink they put no shelves and a huge cabnet and am now looking at the area under the two drawers it is empty except the outside shower so Iam going to put a fony wall in the back (w/extra insulation) and put in some more shelves. Need to find out where to get some doors or drawer fronts that will match.
A friend of ours just had a cabinetry shop make them a door that matched ...pricey I thought at $40 for a 21X13"
Montana_685 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 07:00 AM   #5
NJ Hillbilly
Montana Master

M.O.C. #242
$40 sounds pretty cheap to me, especially if they finished it to match.

John
NJ Hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 10:19 AM   #6
Montana_685
Established Member

M.O.C. #685
The cabinet was finished and looked exactly like the other ones, they did take one of their doors to the cabinet maker to make sure it matched.
Montana_685 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 11:43 AM   #7
Montana_1892
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1892
Hi,
in the continuing search for more room:
the door in the floor that is supposed to go to basement laundry basket as you walk up to the bed n' bath area.
we found a metal storage basket, plastic over wires, at Lowes home improvement store that just fit into place. it hangs down about into the basement area and we attached it some plastic loop wire holders and screws into the floor framing.
you can stack can foods about 2 cans high or store potatos and onions as the area stays cool. easy to get to from the kitchen area.
since we have a W/D in the bath closet, seemed kind of silly to send laundry to the basement.
anyhow, it works well
on ward, grey ghost

Montana_1892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 01:53 PM   #8
NJ Hillbilly
Montana Master

M.O.C. #242
I went to a dollar store that had plastic baskets that were the right size for the cabinettes above the dresser and in the main slide over the dining table and couch. The baskets allow me to put stuff in them and pull the whole basket out without leaning over something digging for an item. They also fit (when turned sideways) behind the blank panel between the doors.

John
NJ Hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 02:48 AM   #9
Random Line
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7
John,

My Navigator acquired a folding card table leg brace and had me install it on that Cabinet door near the ceiling above the Fridg-
Since the door is hinged towards the ceiling having the thing stay open when you want it to really makes a difference. Montana & Co could or may already have picked up on this.
Random Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 06:48 PM   #10
Roofcam
Established Member

M.O.C. #1300
Send a message via AIM to Roofcam
Bob & Lee.....I purchased drawer and door fronts from Montana through my dealer, so they match the existing ones. They were not too pricey.
Roofcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 02:53 AM   #11
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
I installed A shelf in that cabinet above the Fridge gives us space to store large trays etc.Also above the TV for towels and pantry for paper towels plastic bags etc.Removed the lazysusan and installed shelf this gives us two tier storage for pots and pans more usable area than the Lazy Susan We have a 2955
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 09:30 AM   #12
Bob & Lee
Montana Master

M.O.C. #718
Leo & Christine thanks for the lead, I will contact the dealer here in colorado springs, I have only been there twice for some keys and the extra valve for my sewer before the cap. They were very frendly and helpful havent had any other work done I hope when the need comes they are as frendly.
Bob & Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 11:15 AM   #13
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
you can get doors for your tv area in the bedroom from them also. They put them in the Bigsky so you cross ref. from there.
jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote