Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 11-22-2011, 01:20 AM   #1
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
South of the Mason Dixon Line, Seeking Warmth

We made a 1000 mile trek, hooked up for 5 days, and went all the way to the Gulf Coast. Landed at Gulf State Park for at least a month.

Currently on site 196, if you are around, stop by and say hi.

We already said hi to OntMont, John and his lovely wife Donna who are here as well in their SOB MH. Can't wait to see it inside.

Time to get the pink out of the Splendide and get in a run to Walleyworld and check out some happenings and schedules around here. Need to get over to Island Retreat to see if we can find some other folks we know.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:05 AM   #2
CasaDelSol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8563
Carol, if you haven't been over to the little town of Fairhope than you have missed a sweet town. We have friends in the area and visited with them for a few days mid-October. Where will you be this winter?
CasaDelSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:36 AM   #3
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
We are currently at the State Park, and have now arranged to stay for up to 2 months if we decide. That gives us some time to figure out possible Florida stuff.

Fairhope is outta this world fabulous, I would bet that the roses are still in full bloom down at the dock, not sure we will get there before they cut them down for the winter, hope so tho! LOL Fairhope is truly one of our fav places here, course, there is a lot to be faved here in Baldwin County, believe it is the largest county in all of Alabama, and it is HUGE!!!
Old 11-22-2011, 06:18 AM   #4
patbarton
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11268
Good meat at the Elberta Grocery, 25250 US Hwy 98. Gas station with a real butcher shop in the back.
Good cheese at the Sweet Home Farm. 27107 Schoen Road, Elberta, only open Friday & Saturday.
Mexican bakery at the Foley Flea Market (hot donuts every day).
patbarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:46 PM   #5
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Elberta is a little hidden jewel. Also home of one of 2 dentists that take my insurance within 50 miles of Gulf Shores, sighhhh.

Also home to a very neat hardware store (well it was there 2 years ago, believe it was an old bowling alley. And there is a very neat historical society/museum too with the most beautiful artifacts, well cared for and these hand made quilts that were truly works of art.

Thanks patbarton, am taking notes on your suggestions.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:59 AM   #6
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Send a message via Yahoo to Champ_49
Carol we are close to yea. We are in site 255 on Gator. We will stop by somettime for sure.

Dave & Linda
Champ_49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 02:47 AM   #7
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Have a great time and enjoy your much warmer winter. We can't wait to sell our stick home and be able to join you.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 02:03 PM   #8
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Send a message via Yahoo to Champ_49
Pleasent suprise today for Linda and I as Al & Carol ( Mrs CountryGuy ) showed up at our doorstep here in GSP. It was a great visit and will be visiting again soon I am sure. Good people I will add to this also.

Thanks Al and Carol for stoping by.

Dave & Linda
Champ_49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 02:24 PM   #9
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Was great to meet you two as well Dave & Linda, we will stop by again, or if you see us home (usually means Big Butt is sitting in front of Tana) we hope you will stop by. (that kitten is VERY cute! LOL)
Old 12-04-2011, 04:05 PM   #10
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
LOL, Pat! You go to a Mexican bakery (aka Panaderia) and order donuts? That's like going to McDonalds and ordering Kung Pao Chicken. Stick to the Pan Dulce (Pon dool-say).

Being of the "persuasion", I'll have to try that place on our next trip East. I can't imagine what the Pan Dulce is gonna be like in Alabama. But I do love the stuff and it's fine to find it anywhere. But sometimes it's way different than what I'm used to.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get Carol to send me some (I would have paid) because you have to eat in the first couple of days because it gets stale so fast, plus I would want to be there to pick it out personally (there's so many types). This is intriguing to me, so maybe someone can send me some pictures just to see what they have.

May you find the warmth and comfort you seek. It sounds like a wonderful area to spend some time (Gulf Shores, Alabama, not the Panaderia).

Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote