Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC / Florida Region
Click Here to Login

Old 01-10-2010, 01:36 AM   #1
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
OUTSIDE Water supply frozen(Thawed)

The hydrant and water hose has ice in it. Working off pump and fresh water tank. Temp said about 25F outside and 23 tonight.

EDIT--Disconnected the hoses, placed them in the sun and thawed out in an hour. Will disconnect and drain tonight. Just lazy last night.

Just posted this for something to do while thawing out.

H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 02:09 AM   #2
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
Boy, I'm glad I'm not in Florida. If I were you guys, I'd go to a warmer climate in the winter. By the way, it's no picnic (literally) here in NC. We should all see a warming trend by the middle of next week. Personally, I can't wait. We're taking the trailer to Myrtle Beach next weekend and it should be in the mid 50's during the day and mid 30's at night. That I can handle.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 02:33 AM   #3
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by H. John Kohl

The hydrant and water hose has ice in it. Working off pump and fresh water tank. Temp said about 25F outside and 23 tonight.
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 03:06 AM   #4
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
John...you need to let your water drip overnight and it won't freeze. I've been doing that every night and I've not had a freeze up
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 03:20 AM   #5
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Same here H. John and we have been using on-board water supply for the last 6 nights and will again tonight. This Global freezing has to go. Well just goes to show you Big Al was wrong. GBY....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 04:39 AM   #6
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
John,
You must not be talking to much.

Hot air, you know, will keep things from freezing.

I pulled the SOB into the driveway and hooked it to 50 amp to keep the batteries charge and the 12 furnace fan working. I have it set for about 62 degrees. It was 30 outside when I got up and I went out and checked and the inside temp was 60, and the furnace kicked on while I was checking. It sure does help to have everything warmed by the furnace.

We have had 3 or 4 nights of below freezing temperatures here, 40 miles South of Houston. Today it is supposed to get to 47, and tomorrow 57, then the low 60's with some occasional showers. Boy, I can't wait for summer!!!!! Then I can become a Summerbird.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 06:55 AM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We have been running internal at night for about 5 days now. We disconnect all hoses and wrap the pole connections with towels and well as the connectors in the convenience center and the filters. This is just Northern Ohio Fall camping for us and we have been there done that. We are parked facing N rear/S front so the sun hits us broadside in the Am and thaws things out fast.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:48 PM   #8
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
My very nice neighbor, GAVE me a heat tape wrapped water hose and it worked fine Friday night (11 degrees), however, the park stand pipe froze solid. Last night I used it again, wrapped the park standpipe with an old rug, that my neighbor supplied, and a towel on the valve section, AND opened the gray tank valve and let the shower run all night (we have the garden tub). This morning, 21 degrees and everything was fine. Will do the same tonight, although I think the really cold spell is gone. I also left the 12 volt light on in the conv center. Inside temp is handled well by furnace and a Lasko 1500 watt oscilatting tower ceramic heater. We are used to cooler temps so 60-65 inside is fine with us. Cathy and I love our sweats.......AND the electric blanket we bought last year is wonderful!!!!!
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote