Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC / Florida Region
Click Here to Login

Old 10-18-2009, 03:24 PM   #21
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
What are you doing to get the aieral above the 5th wheel so you can get to the rear as i can't get to the rear , only front,,sailer

sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 04:58 PM   #22
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Hey John--The problem you're having is you're outrunning the radio waves-- you know the lead foot concept! Seriously, you could mount a 6Ft whip antenna on the TV and get above the Monte that way but it could cause a few problems pulling into some of the refueling stops with their lights. When we were stationed in the UP of Michigan we always had a 6ft whip on the vehicle with a flag or strip of reflectant tape on it. If we didn't have the CB in the vehicle we had something that would warn the other vehicles coming to an intersection that we were coming there too. We had 13 ft of snow up there the winter I was stationed up there and the snow was stacked at least two vehicles high no matter where you went! You can also use a "loaded" antenna that would work quite well for getting out and receiving above the Monte even though it is just a short antenna! PM or email us and let us know how things are going. We're still sitting here in Nebraska!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 08:13 PM   #23
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
well there is always mounting a moon raker antenna on a pole if that dont work stack em
Old 10-18-2009, 10:12 PM   #24
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
I put one in after I got my current tow vehicle. When I was on vacation in TN, a trucker contacted me on channel 19 and informed me that I had a low tire on the camper. When I pulled off it was at 30 lbs. pressure. It may have saved me a lot of damage or possibly even an accident.

I use a CB and I think they are valuable to anyone who travels. If you have a CB so equipped, the weather information that is on it can also be very valuable as previously mentioned. There are a lot more advantages than disadvantages IMHO. There can be people on there talking trash from time to time but I simply adjust the squelch on it to hide the noise anyway. I know this cuts the range a little on the reception but it makes a much more pleasant atmosphere when someone comes on there that you don’t want to hear.