Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2006, 01:24 AM   #21
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The kipor's are now auto start. The spec's are nearly the same as the Honda 3000. It will run 1 or the other A/c with no trouble..the Kipor's cannot be hooked in parallel. I have heard them run. They are very quiet. I think the MSVRP for the 3500 is 1275 but my dealer offered one for 930.00. We will see what it can do under full load and report back

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 03:01 AM   #22
drhowell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3628
I installed the Generac Quietpac in my last 5th wheeler. It did a good job and I would get another one. I installed the remote start kit. I did have to adjust the choke setting to make it start easier. I had the gas engine type but would get the propane version next time.

It does not run as quiet as advertised. It does require lots of cooling air or the engine will overheat and shut down (thermo switch overheat protection).

Right now I have a Honda 4500 that I load into the back of the pickup. It is mostly for use on the ranch so I already had it and we don't boon dock that often. I like the Honda Ei2000 setup and may go that way. Very quiet, light and with 2 in series should provide all the power I would need.
drhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 02:59 AM   #23
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Generators are a topic with a lot of opinions (like trucks and trailer models). The first thing I would start with is how it will be used. For us, our boondocking is done in the mountains where we don't need the A/C (even in July you can hit snow - last summer it got down to freezing). So, we were looking at just running the microwave, lights and other items. The Honda 2000 does a nice job for us. Plus, it fits nicely on the pull out tray in the basement. At under 50 pounds, it is a great solution for boondocking without A/C. Eventually down the road, we will want to use it for other areas and we will buy a second unit and the parallel cable. We will then have a 4000 w unit, in essence. For those that travel and boondock a lot and don't mind leaving them in the truck, the Honda and Yamaaha are great.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote