Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 02-10-2005, 12:33 PM   #21
Montana_2825
Established Member

M.O.C. #2825
I spoke to Jeremiah again. Told him that the imformation that he had posted had been deleted. He is sending me all the information in an email when he gets back to his office tomorrow. I'll share it as soon as it arrives.

wingnut

Montana_2825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 02:18 PM   #22
montanaone
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1
The Policy on advertising here has been since the beginning of MOC that there would be none! I have made an exception here by including the information on the moved thread.

Links provided by members to products or services that are useful to the members of MOC have always been allowed. This forum however is not a venue for Manufacturer's or Dealers to promote their products or services.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jgrubert

Recently I was contacted by several Keystone fifth wheel owners to introduce the Isolator "Air Ride" Pin Box to the retail market. Currently, it is the hottest optional pin box being sold to frame manufacturers and dealers across the U.S. and Canada. The Isolator Air Ride Pin Box is the only CSA approved "Air Ride" pin box on the market specifically engineered to reduce the tension, stress, and pressure placed on the upper deck of your frame. Weighing 50 pounds less than similar boxes, the Isolator is easy to install and fits into a wide range of fifth wheel upper decks. The unique air bag and shock suspension system creates unparalleled comfort, protection of investment, and most of all safety. The Isolator is a multi-purpose unit that will allow you to maintain resale value of your unit, protect the interior components (dishes falling out of cupboards), provide a comfortable and controlled ride, and unmatched safety.

Jeremiah Grubert
Sales Manager
Trp Fabex, LLC
Elkhart Indiana
Email: jeremiah_trpfabex@verizon.net
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

Thanks for the information, Jeremiah. A couple of questions, if I may.

1. cost, installed and not?

2. can a fifthwheel be towed by a tow truck with this thing installed? Does it require a special adapter to do so, as with the TrailAir?

3. does this thing require any special hitch in the bed of the truck or any special adapters for the existing hitch?

4. are you willing to install one on our Montana for free and call it advertising when we say nice things about it?

Thanks.
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jrgwdenner

Nice things, nice things, nice things! Is that enough 'nice things'? I would also appreciate the answers to Steve very timely questions. Judy
montanaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 02:48 AM   #23
Lady RV
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30
Lady RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 03:36 AM   #24
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Thanks for the info, Lady RV. J.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 07:40 AM   #25
Montana_2825
Established Member

M.O.C. #2825
Here areJeremiah's answers to sreigle's questions.

Current sell price is $750.00 not installed.

No special hitch is required. Simply read the installation instruction, remove the old pin box, insert the Isolator and be on your way with ease.

No special adapter or attachment is needed. That is why the Isolator is the hottest selling box on the market.

I will have to work out the advertising with my boss, but at this time the Isolator is selling so good on its own we only offer discounts if purchased in skid quantities.

Old 02-11-2005, 07:44 AM   #26
Montana_2825
Established Member

M.O.C. #2825

If you want a copy of the Isolator installation instructions, send me a private email, and I'll send you a copy.

wingnut
Old 05-07-2005, 05:53 AM   #27
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
Hi everyone,

I have questions regarding this pin box.

How would you describe this style of pinbox.

Is it more similar to the trailair?

Is it more similar to the morryde?

What are the differences between other products out there.

I'm trying to evaluate the diffrent styles, designs, and correct the issue that makes towing at times nerve racking.

The basic problem is on some portion of the roads paved (not concrete) I have this front to back oscillation. Its not an up and down problem. I'm sure products like the trailair and this isolator product take care of the up and down. Does it do anything for the front to back herky jerky movement? I have read some say its the up /down oscillation that makes it feel like front to back. I just want opinions of people who own one.

Let me explain this phenomena. I can feel the drive train being stressed everything from the transmission and ujoints to the differential right to the seat of the pants. The leather seats do let ya slide around more so than cloth seats. I feel my head wanting to bounce from the stearing wheel and back to the headrest (over exagerated).

Speeding up and slowing down did help a little, along with a slight application of the trailer brakes helped.

I do have a sliding hitch (Husky 16K articulating) because of the short truck bed. The trailer rides level and it dosen't matter if the fresh water tank is full or not.

There is some play in the hitch which may intensify this oscillation sensation. I am looking into shimming a few areas of this hitch to remove some play where I can, but not to inhibit the slide function.

I have see so many debates on this issue and I'm not looking to start another one.

We typically only weekend camp and a 4 weeks out of the year. On the average of about 1.5K miles or less a year. I would like to solve this issue. If my shimming doesn't help its begining to look like I'll have to throw some money at the problem. Will the prices of these alternative pin boxes ever decrease.
Old 05-07-2005, 10:08 AM   #28
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Chris,

The Isolator does help with the front to back movement. ON really bad roads, there is still some movement, in which case we slow down and/or move into another lane of traffic. I have said this a few other times on the forum, you will never see this couple drag another 5er down the road without some kind of Isolator, Trailair, something.

We used to have a lot of movement of the gear inside the rig, specially in the rear of the 5er, the Isolator, new shocks and the work on the axels, and now there is almost NO movement of gear in the 5er. Even on the worst roads we hit this last winter, about 5,000 towing miles, we only had movement on 2 days, one was minimal, the other was a bit more, that said, if we did not have Isolator and good shocks, I am VERY sure that the movement of the gear inside would have been tremendous!!

The Isolator has a air bag and a huge shock absorber. I would suggest you get on the web sites and look at them, or call them and have them send you brochures, or whatever they have. Look at all your solutions. No one is right for everyone. It depends on your $$, and your lifestyle, just like everything else in this RV field.

Good luck with your decision. As far as comparing to the others, we no can do, as we have never had any experience with the others, only can tell you, we love the Isolator, a bit hard to hook up, there is a funny angle involved, but worth all those extra minutes of hooking up for a SMOOOOTHHHHHH ride!

Carol
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 05:43 PM   #29
Montana_1988
Established Member

M.O.C. #1988
I have the TrailAir Pinbox and the TrailAir Centerpoint Suspension. I have tried several times but I can never feel the bump on the trailer that I feel on the truck. Example: Railroad tracks. Feel them with the truck but not the trailer. I'm in the process of upgrading the axles to 7000 lb. Just trying to get all the parts together. I'm keeping the existing springs, just changing out the axles. At the same time I'm upgrading the brakes from drum to disc.
Montana_1988 is offline   Reply With Quote