Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North America MOC / Western Region
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 03:08 AM   #21
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
All kidding aside, we'd love see you in Q, you'll have a ball, get a chance to meet some of the west coast members

Old 06-17-2012, 01:39 PM   #22
helmick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8890
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Rondo

No problem Charlie, as long as everyone puts the required fee in the little box next to the door everything will work out!

Did you ask Mary about that.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:53 AM   #23
Montana_10714
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10714
All joking aside....
Us newcomers...would appreciate some answers to Robie & Alice list of questions.
We have never camped without electric & water service..
but sure would love to do "the Circle".
I don't have a generator - I believe it's the first must have - any suggestions? I see alot of Honda 2000 listed in the registration info. Is that a single unit or a pair of 2000?
Don't laugh- you were a first timer once......
THANKS
Old 07-09-2012, 10:48 AM   #24
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Joe in TX

All joking aside....
Us newcomers...would appreciate some answers to Robie & Alice list of questions.
Answers to most of Robbie's (tongue in cheek) questions are here: http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=49718
Quote:
quote:
We have never camped without electric & water service..
but sure would love to do "the Circle".
I don't have a generator - I believe it's the first must have - any suggestions?
It is not an absolute for you to have a generator but is it easier if you do. Some members have an extra generator which they have been known to loan out if you need one. Often you can plug into a neighbor's generator (after getting approval). All of this implies enough battery capacity (and probably an inverter) to support your electrical needs. Given reserve capacity, then the generator only needs to re-charge the batteries periodically.
Quote:
quote:
I see alot of Honda 2000 listed in the registration info. Is that a single unit or a pair of 2000?
Don't laugh- you were a first timer once......
THANKS
Usually one Honda 2000 or equivalent generator is more than enough. You don't usually need to pair Honda 2000's (or others) unless you want to run your A/C. Running the A/C while in Quartzsite in January has not been necessary in the past. Because of the proximity of the RVs, a quiet generator is essential.

Keep asking questions. We want you to be prepared for what will be a terrific experience!

Old 07-09-2012, 12:15 PM   #25
brenkco
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8154
Joe,
Last year was our 1st. We hadn't really boon docked before either so we were new to the whole thing. We learned a lot, some by trial and error but mostly from a fantastic group of fellow MOC'ers that are willing to help at every turn. There is nothing that you'll need or want that you can't buy in Quartzsite. It is truly an adventure. Marilyn refers to it as an adult summer camp. It's great fun.

Ken & Marilyn
Old 07-09-2012, 01:52 PM   #26
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
Another newbie here! How sad is it that most of the questions logged by simonsrf were on my list of questions? There were a few that I didn't have written down but I should have. It is uncanny how he knew what I was going to ask! Then I found the list of the answers and I felt so much better! Thanks to all of the Wagonmasters for putting up with our, in some cases, extremely silly questions! I only had two questions that so far have not been answered:

1. Is the 'newcomer' that8.1al mnetioned for the shower/potty rig based on how long you have had your Montana or how long you have been RVing? If I am chosen as the newcomer I want to have embroidered towels and LOTS of TP.

2. How do you create the 'circle' without having painted parking lines?

I am truly excited that this year you have opted for a pool instead of a hottub! Can't wait! Will there be a lifeguard on duty?

I had posted on the campsite forum the questions on where and when to go. We do not own our Montana yet but we are working on it and if the planets align we will have it before September. Since January is heavy duty winter here in Montana I will be hankering for a trip south. I have always wanted to go to Quartzite and this sounds like a fun way to experience it!
Old 07-09-2012, 03:56 PM   #27
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
Carol,
We hope everything works out for you and you get that Montana, we would love to have you come to our circle, you won't regret it.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:46 PM   #28
mtheo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6171
I heard Dave say something about all sites being full hook ups this year, I think he made some kind of arangements with the park service
Closed Thread