Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC / Great Lakes Region
Click Here to Login

Old 08-01-2009, 02:00 PM   #1
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Bummer, a bump in the rally road

Well, not all goes well all of the time. We are very sad to report that there have been a few bumps in the road here at the Mill Creek Campground.

We were promised the "Rally" area of the campground up to the day of arrival, but, we were not parked in the "Rally" area as promised. We have been informed that we did not get the "Rally" area, because we decided not to rent their building at $125.00 a night.

We have had a few people driving up and down our road quite fast, and we blocked the road at both ends. Before ya jump all over us, be aware that we take up all the campsites in this area/road, except the very last one on each end of the road, which was not blocked.

One of the reasons we wanted the road blocked was because we had no place to have a group gathering, these sites are just too small. We did rent a vacant lot to put up our tents, but, we still were out in the street with our chairs.

Another camper complained (he was NOT parked on our road), and management came down. They listened to our side of it and left. That was last night.

Tonight they came back, and I surely did not see or hear all of this so I am not even gonna try to report what happened. People got upset. SIGHHHHH

The long and short of it is we were told to remove the trucks blocking the road, every staff person from the campground came down to observe and protect the other workers, ??????? well, whatever, they were all there.

After whatever, happened, whatever was said, 2 of our members (maybe more???) mentioned to the staff that they would not be coming back to Mill Creek, and the staff told us in no uncertain terms, "we don't care".

This will not discourage us, we had a marvelous dinner, took a great group photo, if the wind dies down we will have a nice campfire, if not, we will gather round the non burning campfire rings and chat and enjoy being with MOC people.

Sadly, there are a number of us that are in various degrees of "upset". BTW, several people asked that I write this post, so, here I am opening myself to censureship from the Admins and Moderators. I hope they will forgive me.

We have had a terrific time here at the Rally, even tho some of the conditions have been a bit less than favorable. This campground is known by a number of businessmen in Mackinaw as having difficulties with PR.

OKKKK, flame away. Maybe you can start the campfire for us!

Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 02:42 PM   #2
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
Carol,
No flames here. Sorry to hear of your problems, this campground obviously has no customer service. We can all put it on our list of campgrounds to avoid.
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 02:45 PM   #3
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
So sorry that things have not worked out as planned. Makes one appreciate a campground that values their customers. We certainly will not be going to Mill Creek in the future, that's for sure. Thanks for the post. Look forward to seeing everyone in Goshen. By the way, if anyone is heading back through Milwaukee area next weekend, we will be around after Friday afternoon (Terrie arrives home from Colorado).
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 02:52 PM   #4
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
I noticed that Mill Creek is listed in Woodall's and Trailer Life. Some of you may want to send a complaint to them.
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 03:07 PM   #5
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Those things can happen, I guess.

Don't forget RV Park Reviews and only present the facts. Include the good with the bad.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 03:28 PM   #6
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
No flames here, either. If we were there, We'd have a good time and make sure they got no more of our business. Some people just don't understand customer service.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 04:11 PM   #7
nandav
Established Member

M.O.C. #7936
Whew! We am here & not a member of said rally, but instead a member of the "staff", most of us off-duty at the time, but willing to step up. To all of you...please remember there are 2 sides to every story. We are happy to say that we were not a participant in aforementioned rally. We would have been embarrassed. Now just to clear some people's mind's...we are not particular fans, actually not very happy employees of this campground...but, fair is fair. The Montana group had every opportunity to having their own private area, from renting the rally building to having their own private campfire along the shoreline, but instead decided it was their right to block off a road within the campground.

This is a group of about 22 - 23 fifth wheels, many who are active participants in the forums. I just ask you to step back & look at the behavior. Had it been another group & you were the person looking in...What would you see? Management being unreasonable? or A small group of campers trying to take over a public portion of the campground? Is this not the kind of security we are all looking for in the campgrounds we go to so we can all have a pleasant, safe camping experience?

My only hope is to open all eyes.
nandav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 05:06 PM   #8
Glass Guy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #321
Its a shame that they will tell you one thing and change they mind when they get your money then want more of it, thats a campground to scratch off the list of places to stay, They should have been up front about their so called ralley area when is was mentioned about the number of sites that you needed but insteed they just wanted your money.
Glass Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 07:08 PM   #9
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We belong to a camping group in Northern , Ohio and have been both the Wagon master and campground selector for many years. We rotated through a list of 22/23 campgrounds during our camping season. Our club would average 18/25 units a camp out and in every case the Campground included a pavilion or building for our use at NO EXTRA CHARGE in addition as group we got a discount when reserving 10 sites. 125.00 a day to rent a pavilion in the group area as a condition to get the group area is outrageous, and no discount of any kind.We should not have been in the public portion of the C.G. Steve asked for the group area and attempting to extort 125.00 out of us is ..wellll.....not good.... We will have a G.L rally next year but not here. We have a Great Lake in Ohio called Erie, We have Islands, Kelly's, Put-In-bay, we have ferry boats and the jetexpress and Cedar Point amusment park . We Can get Mackinaw Fudge and we have Campgrounds that will provide a pavilion or Building at no extra charge.. This C.G does not care if we come back and we do not care to come back.............So there... Oh we can also build a fire with our own firewood. We still had a great time and this is a great rally.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 01:55 AM   #10
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
nandav,

So sorry to hear about your disappoint in your job. May the future bring you only the best.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 03:04 AM   #11
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
You guys have all the fun. Now I am really really disappointed that we couldn't make it. I missed all the fun. Just my luck!!!!!
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 07:06 AM   #12
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Mrs.CountryGuy and Richfaa stated the facts very well.

This is a beautiful campground but they need to work on their public relations. What was promised was not what we received. The campground could have handled things better. But..... you know MOC's are the best and everyone had a great time.

Safe travels to everyone and hope to see you at the fall Rally.
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote