Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 12-23-2008, 06:46 AM   #1
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Dimplex comes through again. (update)

Well, right after I tracked down the ground fault problem I reinstalled the fireplace and turned it on. While sitting across the room I noticed a red glow from the fireplace that I hadn't noticed before. When I got a close look I realized that the fan had stopped again. When I blew on the heating elements they darkened right up. So I shut it down and got on the phone and called Dimplex. They got back to me in about an hour. They are send me an entire new heating/fan unit UPS and it should be here in the next 7 days. Since the squirrel cage fan on these is such a weeny fan I am going to pick up a 3 inch cooling fan next trip to Radio Shack. When the new unit comes in I will tinker around with the cooling fan and see if I can get it to work along with the built in unit. If the new unit fan is as bad as this one I may just remove it and replace it with the cooling fan. I will let you know how it all works out... Dave

Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 07:51 AM   #2
Jolu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7919
Dave,
I looked at those fans they have at Radio Shack thinking I would use one of them for a cabinet fan to cool my AV receiver and the Satellite receiver. The models my local Radio Shack had on the rack were pretty noisy. It was mainly fan speed noise. So I did an internet search and found this site with several fans that might do the trick for me and most seem to be quite running. I don't know if fan noise is a factor for you to consider.
http://www.buyextras.com/avcoco.html JB
Jolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:52 PM   #3
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Jolu, thanks - I've been looking for a good, low-noise fan.

Dave,

You're filling my computer hard drive with so much info, as has Ozz. I can't afford to print it out since we would be *way* over weight! Thanks for the tips.
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 03:21 PM   #4
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Jolu, I would actually prefer a little fan noise so I know it is working. The fire place fan is so quiet that I can not tell if it is running or not and this morning when I saw the heating elements bright red I knew that it wasn't. So even if it makes a small bit of noise I will be able to hear it and feel the increase in air flow. The 6 incher I got for the entertainment center makes a bit of noise but it is in no way annoying... Dave
Old 12-29-2008, 10:07 AM   #5
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
The new heating element and fan arrived today, I will install it tomorrow. That is pretty rapid service... Dave