Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 01-16-2008, 05:16 AM   #1
ksboy
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6043
Send a message via MSN to ksboy
My Toilet Won't Seal

Our toilet doesn't seal and hold water, like it should. I would appreciate any suggestions or ideas.

Ray AKA chevylvr

ksboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 05:32 AM   #2
The Oldguard
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2625
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by chevylvr

Our toilet doesn't seal and hold water, like it should. I would appreciate any suggestions or ideas.

Ray AKA chevylvr
Here is a prior post about toilet seals.

http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...s=,toilet,bowl,
The Oldguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:31 AM   #3
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
Ours has the ball in it and the seal had a build up of crud on it. I turned the water off and while standing on the pedal reached inside to the underside of the seal where the ball touches it. I cleaned it up with an old nylon dish scrubber and then gave it a light coating of silicone grease. It's just like new!!
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:20 PM   #4
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
It might just need cleaning, but most likely you need a new seal. They are available at RV dealers for about $25, and are not too hard to change, just a bit messy. Sealand did replace a "few" of them on warranty, might be worth a call to Sealand.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:28 PM   #5
ksboy
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6043
Send a message via MSN to ksboy
I want to thank all of you for your advise. I will call tomorrow and see if They will send me a new seal . Once again I have learned what I need to know from the forum. This forum is the greatest.

Ray
ksboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:52 PM   #6
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by chevylvr

I want to thank all of you for your advise. I will call tomorrow and see if They will send me a new seal . Once again I have learned what I need to know from the forum. This forum is the greatest.

Ray
They should send you a kit, not just the seal.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:18 PM   #7
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
My Hanna is new, purchased in August, and has only been out about half a dozen times. Longest was two weeks this last trip. The toilet would not hold water. I stopped at Del Rey RV in Corpus and in talking to the owner, he showed me a kit with a spring that is supposed to apply more pressure to the closing ball. Since Hanna is still under warranty, and other items needed fixing, the toilet was added to the list.

Today, I visited Hanna in the hospital and the toilet was holding water. They replaced the mechanisms with the new sprint and seals. This is for the Sea-Land toilet. Since this was a recall item, you may be able to get it fixed free. Talk to Keystone if you are not under warranty.

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:19 PM   #8
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Also, I bought a toilet brush that resembles a bottle brush. THe diameter of the brush is just slightly smaller than the diameter of the sewer drain. I use it to scrub the gunk out of the rubber seal by gently rotating the brush a few times. This has helped tremendously. I realize that over time, I'll have to replace the rubber seal, but oh well...
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote