Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 09-30-2007, 02:43 PM   #21
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
OK, I AM JUST AM OLD MAN THAT PROBABLY should be put AWAY. But if Keysone was smart or I was running the show..... I would have a ""build it site""", just like for our TV's. I would provide the basic price and standard equipment.... I would then as per model, provide the unit's spaces and you could BUILD YOUR OWN. You could purchase empty and put your own appliances inside, of course you would also have to be responsible for the installations and warranties. But I would really be interested in buying a unit THAT """"I could FURNISH""""".... Keystones only problem would be to supply a wiring, compatible to the equipment that you would put in it..... I REALLY THINK IT COULD BE DONE.... FROM the tire's everyone is unhappy with, on up. KEYSTONE could be a LEADER IN this Idea.... and I think it would work. JUST MY TCW. safe travels everyone John

Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 03:01 PM   #22
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Great idea John but it would never work .If you saw the assembly line technology in the RV industry you would know why.Helen does read this stuff..I can not spell petite. That is a fancy French word. When I need to check the air on the inside duallies I call for Helen to bring her scrawney hands out as she can reach in and unscrew the cap.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 03:10 PM   #23
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
scraw·ny adj. scraw·ni·er, scraw·ni·est
Gaunt and bony.
scrawny - inferior in size or quality; "scrawny cattle"; "scrubby cut-over pine"; "old stunted thorn trees"
stunted, scrubby
inferior - of low or inferior quality

What is French for "I think you may be in trouble now"
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 03:39 PM   #24
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
I am having recurring visions of some scrawny hands thumping up the side of someones head (tongue in cheek). Thanks goodness DW knows when not to take me serious...(my guess is those who have lasting marriages are the same)....Seems like most of the time now. Oh well, blessings come in many different areas of life. Rich, practice ducking please, we would hate to have to miss your posts during the recovery phase...LOL!!! Back to the original thread now, sorry for the brief sidetrack. I still have the OEM recliners, like them, use them regularly, but that it is not saying that they will not be replaced sometime, just right now, there seem to be no problems with them..of course, I guess I should consider that I am just a scrawny 180 pounds. I will not reveal DW's weight, that is a place no man should venture.....(kinda like age)......Ozz, I cannot believe that a dealer would take that route, sure hope if the situation ever arose, all dealers would do the right thing. Sorry for rambling, another night stuck at the stickhouse...homework done...nothing on the tube worth watching....studies and homework completed....
Bingo
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:35 AM   #25
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
There is one dealer who claims (claimed) to build to suit -- they are located in just south of Junction City KS -- go by the name of New (......). But the cost .......; Keystone could do it but it would take a whole different building and methodology to keep the line going. Would we be willing to pay what it would cost to get that kind of one-of-a-kind model differentiation? But the concept is a keeper -- Keystone / Montana -- you listening?
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:55 AM   #26
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
The concept is good except that it would take exceptional planning, a huge investment and a leap of faith by the powers that be to follow through with such an idea. It would also be a move away from their niche market - even more so than the Cambridge project. Not sure they want to take that corporate step again.

Maybe if the Fed drops it's rate again...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 01:52 PM   #27
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I will say that our recliner is wearing badly after only 15 months of full timing. We have been looking for a replacement. If Helen was not so PETITE they would be a lot worse.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:48 PM   #28
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Old 10-01-2007, 04:11 PM   #29
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
When are you guys going to toss out the recliners and the dining rm chairs, next the mattress we replaced the recliners with a brand from Benchmaster furnt llc , in plano , texas its like a eckones chair like a made in denmark chair only they were 495.00 all leather each , the dining rm chairs were 75.00 each and all wood , with a calf king mattress , pillow top at 450.00 we are now getting some furniture you can live with ,, and not get made at keystone about it ,, they can build a trailer but do a bad job of buying furniture ,,, john
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 04:15 PM   #30
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
rich its time you put some long extensions on the valve stem or just new long stems as the big trucks use , how do you think they check there air pres john these are big guys and they don't call the dw to check air pres
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 05:39 PM   #31
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
Rich, if you aren't careful Helen will send her bird after you. LOL
jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 12:06 PM   #32
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Ozz, We will be getting our new Big Sky early next week and we had already decided to take our brand new Lazy Boy recliners and our year old Lazy Boy reclining sofa and swap them out with the ones in the new rig. We are also going to swap mattresses with the new rig as our sticks and bricks mattress is also brand new and will fit the trailer although the new one will be 16" high but neither of us is that tall so it shouldn't matter... Dave and Betsy
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:49 PM   #33
rrheik
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6292
Ozz, I know the recliners we had were garbage, after a year the recliners had multiple problems, so we gave them to a friend to use in his cabin and bought some Lazyboys. Really love them. When we get a new 3585 next month, will swap out the chairs. Can't figure out why Keystone does some things so well, but sticks it to you on the small things.
rrheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 02:26 AM   #34
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Bean counters, Bob... I guess they thought we wouldn't notice.