Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 08-02-2007, 11:38 AM   #1
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
Plumbing Question

I may need to do a plumbing repair on the black pipe that drains my shower and vanity on my 2955. It looks like there may be a crack in the drain pipe in the basement of the Monty. Not leaking now but very suspicious. I can get to it. My question is is this a 1 1/2" PVC type material that you glue together just like the PVC in the stick home?
Thanks!

RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 11:53 AM   #2
ARJ
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6162
If it is black, it is probably ABS. Different glue.
ARJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 12:15 PM   #3
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Agree with ARJ - the waste systems use waste water pipe (hard black plastic). Still slip fit glue, but different type.

Don't you just hate plumbing - especially on the dark side
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 02:51 PM   #4
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
I'd try some plumber's putty first. It comes from Home Depot or Lowes and is in a "stick" kinda' like a jelly roll (epoxy on the outside and hardener or catalyst in the center). You cut off a chunk and knead it until it changes colors (thoroughly mixed). Work it into the crack really good then glob the rest on top - the more the better chance of stopping a leak. If it works you've saved a lot of work - if it doesn't you can still replace the section of pipe. I used it to fix the dreaded leak in the galley holding tank at the neck - It took a couple of shots but it's sealed and has made several thousand miles without coming loose. I think there is also a rubber "jacket" that you can put over the leak - I think it has hose clamps to hold it in place.
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote