Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 10-11-2006, 12:24 AM   #1
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Recent coversation with Campground Manager

I was calling around looking for a new home for myself and Miss Montana on the West Coast of FL. I called Holiday Cove in Bradenton because I saw they have a summer "special". It sounded too good to be true and it was. $303.00 per month from May to Oct. The catch was you can only stay in your rig for 12 days a month.

OK. So I asked about FL resident rates on a yearly basis. He told me they have a FL resident rate, but I did not qualify. Why? I ask. He says because you are employed. He goes on to tell me that working people don't fit in with RV'ers or the RV lifestyle and that "our" comings and goings interfere with the comfort of the true RV'ers enjoyment of the park.

I don't know why I bothered, but I told him I do not have a 9 to 5 job and my coming and going would be no different than anyone else. I also told him I have been living in my RV since 2002 and have fit in very nicely with the RV lifestyle. I told him I have seen parks where so called working and non working people live and I would not choose to live in them. But to rule someone out just because they are employed seems a little unreasonable.

By this time I was being addressed as "you people". As in "We don't need you people, because we have no trouble keeping our park full without you". And, "You people need to find an older park, out east where they have park models mixed in with the RV's.

This man was rude. It was not that I did not understand his point of view. It was his insistance that ANYONE who worked was undesireable and not good enough to live in their park.

OK. I have vented.

Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 03:53 AM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
fla native

Thanks for posting, so sorry you were treated that way. What a shame, and how small minded a man he is.

One thing, small tho it may be, you don't really want to pad this man's pockets if he does not want you there. His statement about the park being full is a sign of the times. Times are too good, eh??

That said, I agree with you, there are some full timers that work full time that live in parks that make me very uncomfortable and nervous. It has to do with the types of people they are, and has NOTHING to do with the fact that they are full timers.

The world is full of small minded people, this man was one of them.

Good luck in your search for a new home.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 05:53 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
fla,
If you are interested call Avalon RV Resort in Clearwater. We are about a half hour 45 minutes from Bradenton. If you take a yearly lease the site is $240 a month for 12 months plus electric. Your electric is paid directly to the power company. Phone and cable TV is also available which you contract thru Bright House.

I am sending you a PM with the rest of the details.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 06:14 AM   #4
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Good to hear from you BJ. The snowbirds keep everything full during the winter months. Good luck in your home hunting.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 09:36 AM   #5
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Thanks for replies. The location of this park was really good for me. I may be taking employment close by and it's close to friends. Their yearly FL Res rate is out of my price range at $780 per month so I would "choose" not to stay there anyway. It's just the first time I have been referred to as "you people" because I am employed.

Such ignorance!

One thing for sure I am getting back to the West Coast. I do not like the East Coast at all. That's one reason I have been away from the board. This job hunt has me running while maintaining the one I have.

I'll get there.

Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 12:56 PM   #6
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Wow,
Sounds like you got the same tone of answers that I usually get, except for me you have to replace "working" with "too young", or "Under 55", or "No kids" and so on... I hope you are able to find a better park that meets your needs soon.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote