Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 09-22-2006, 03:13 AM   #1
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
Service Center experience

Just wanted every body to know that the service we got at the service center was a wonderful experience. George and Darryl were great to work with. We got our air conditioning electrical problems fixed and also the roof bubble fixed that we found just before leaving from home. we also got some other minor fixes done while there. These people are just great and I know there were others getting their problems fixed--we sort of had a mini rally over there--and everyone that I talked to were pleased to. Their campground isn't as close to the train tracks as the fairgrounds here in Elkhart either.

jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 08:33 AM   #2
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
This just goes to show that Keystone does care about their customers. Glad to hear you guys were able to get your coach fixed.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 11:47 AM   #3
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Great news and justification that bad experiences are not the norm, but good ones are the standard.
Thanks
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 12:01 PM   #4
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
I think that's great too, I've not ever had to experience the service center, and realistically hope I never have to, but it's reassuring to know that they seem to always come through. At least more often than not.

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 01:29 PM   #5
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Attitude and approach goes a long way with the Service Center. Remember, they have feelings too...
Old 09-22-2006, 03:24 PM   #6
Chaser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2310
Send a message via Yahoo to Chaser
I second JP's post. We were with them at the Mini-Rally - (it was quiet over there) We went in with major water leak problem, and eventhough they didn't get to the unit on Tuesday and genuinely felt bad about it, they were most accommodating and when they said 6:00 am Wednesday, they meant it - in the shop at 6:00 sharp. The unit was done right at 10:00, and while they were at it, they fixed the big window shade (the night shade came down faster than I could put up the day shade); the found the water leak that the dealer couldn't fine (twice) and replaced the bad part, tested all the connections and tightened those that needed it; checked the propane for safety, filled it full of water again, adjusted the slides and vaccummed the living area (since we had a lot of stuff in the upper area, I didn't expect them to move, I was very greatful for the area that was cleaned, plus they did it with good humor and if all holds the 2300 miles home, with success, as well. And for future reference, we can take our coach to the service center in Eastern Oregon (we don't HAVE to use a dealer), we just need to go through Goshen Service Management first. Hopefully we won't have to, but if we do, it's a done deal. THANKS KEYSTONE! We are anxious to go through the factory tomorrow and thank the team in person.

Chaser
Mike & Evy Orlob
Retired, RV'ers, NASCAR FANS
2006 3400; 2004 Dodge RAM 3500
traveling with Buddy & Cubby; and Heather and Haley
our 4 footed kids.
Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 04:20 PM   #7
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Montana Sky said it all. Attitude and approach are really meaningful when you deal with any company. We've had nothing but good results with our dealings with Keystone.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 07:10 AM   #8
haslcs
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6202
i am glad to here that you had a great experince at the service center. now i would like to know how to get to the service center. the address they gave me is 2425 davis drive. i can not finde davis drive on any map. and my gps can not find it. i have an appointment on oct 2nd. to see if they can fix my slide out. any help would be welcome. i will be comming in from the north om 33.
haslcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 09:21 AM   #9
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Howard,
Follow 33 south all the way through town. Once you past the Wal*Mart (on your left side) you will be approaching the turn. Take a RIGHT onto CR 38, it is a very sharp turn, I made with my truck and 3400RL, but be ready for it. Take CR 38 all the way down to Dierdorf Rd, take a LEFT onto Dierdorf. You will know the intersection is coming as the county just laid down new concrete and installed a new traffic light. After your left on Dierdorf head down approx. 5 blocks, you will see the big Keystone sign on your left. Take the left infront of their building and pull into the parking lot. You will see where to park once you arrive.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:18 AM   #10
haslcs
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6202
thanks MONTANA SKY i realy appreciate the info. and thanks for letting me know about the sharp turn.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:38 AM   #11
bobgay
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5072
While we were at the rally we also spent some time at the service center, and got the same great service. It's pretty clear that their business philosophy is to look beyond the immediate problem. They want our future business, and they will have mine.
Bob
bobgay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 02:07 AM   #12
noneck
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6263
Send a message via AIM to noneck
Try to make this appropriate... We purchased a used Montana as the Mrs had seen them during our many years of camping (since 1984 Jayco popup). It was purchased from Meyers RV and ended up having to travel from Wappingers to Churchville (5.5hrs). Pulled it home after having to spend extra $1,000.00 due to salesman indicating our trade-in was not resaleable (98 Fleetwood with some hail damage). During the return trip discovered the Sentinal Brake controller would intermittenly start rapid flashing the LED's. Upon arriving home, reading the controller manual (online) determined I likely had a short circuit. Well, we sure did!! I ended up rewiring all four wheels as the wires were improperly looped behing the actuator and likely this situation had pre-existed for a long time. Attempted to get compensated but appears this company is a clearing house for used units and not too concerned with the few disgruntled customers that encounter problems. I have yet to figure out how to post pic's but once I do would like to share so others do not encounter this problem...its dangerous.
So, you would think that would be the end of it....no! I also found my GFCI was tripping? This one was a pain to debug, but after many trips into the house to reset narrowed my search to the roof top Dometic A/C unit. Pulled the shroud and discovered the electrical bundle was routed tightly past the bulb like refrigerant component. Lucky for me it was the neutral conductor insulation that was compromised an resulted in the GFCI sensing current on the ground conductor vs. the hot leg and a much bigger failure signature. Since these two initial events and happy I am a handiman which make the Mrs very happy with her Montana.
noneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 06:08 AM   #13
noneck
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6263
Send a message via AIM to noneck
Ok my first attempt at adding a pic to this forum. If this works...you should see what NOT to do with break circuit wiring.

IMG]http://i9.tinypic.com/48yan2v.jpg[/IMG]
noneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 06:06 PM   #14
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Howard, it is a very sharp turn but I made it fine with a 2003 roundnose Montana with a shortbed Ford without using the slider or even being close to needing the slider.

Since you're coming from the north on 33, another possibility for you is when you get into Elkhart, go south on highway 15, turn left at the light at County Road 38 (Kercher St.) (Lake City Bank on the corner), go east on Kercher to the light at Dierdorff. Turn right, then left on Davis. It's the first street. The service center is on the NE corner, as MS said.

This route is shorter but either will work for you.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 03:17 PM   #15
haslcs
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6202
we just got home from the service center in goshen. what a great experiance. Darryl worked with us and he was great to work with. they put a new floor in our slide out, then gave the whole thing a good going over. they fond a gas leak, and fixed all of our slide up window's that went up hard. pressure checked the water system for leaks. Darryl told us that they wanted us to be satified with the repair's before we left. that was more than my dealer would do. I work with them for a month trying to get my floor fixed with no result's.
Old 10-06-2006, 04:09 PM   #16
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Howard,
So glad to hear that Darrell and the rest of the folks at the Service Center were able to get your coach fixed. They are sure an asset to Keystone!