Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-23-2022, 11:40 AM   #1
R.S.O'Donnell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25842
Hole In Front Cap

We just had a 6" snow storm and as things began to melt I noticed a random drip coming from inside the bottom of the front cap right at the pin box. Since we run off the pump 24/7 I knew it wasn't plumbing as the pump would have been the telltale and it has not been cycling.

Started checking sealant around the edges and look what I blundered onto. I absolutely was not looking in that area for the leak. Obviously from a rock. Just passing it on.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1604.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	358.3 KB
ID:	11094  

R.S.O'Donnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 01:07 PM   #2
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Go to your local automotive store and pick up a Bondo Fiberglass repair kit. Follow the directions, but basically, for that small a hole, it won't take much. You won't need the nylon mesh that comes with it either.

Clean the affected area real good, mix the Bondo epoxy, and place a small dab right on the hole. You'll have about 5 or 6 good minutes to work with it before it starts hardening.

Directions say, after it hardens to sand it down with a fine grit sand paper and then repaint. I had a much larger crack and after sanding, the sanding caused a bigger noticeable blemish than the crack ever did. I ended up repainting the entire area. I could not color match it, which I tried. But the automotive parts store had a color that worked well with my color scheme. I also got a can of spray Gel-Coat and after 2 applications of the Gel-Coat, it looked ... well ... pretty darn good.

In your case, as small as that hole is, just put a dab of the Bondo Epoxy in the hole and call it a done day.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 02:19 PM   #3
DadsHemi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20472
Looks like a job for a small piece of eternabond

2018 Ram 3500 MegaCab 4x4 Aisin, 4:10 Gears
Titan 50 Gal Tank, Air Lift Wireless Bags
2017 3160 RL
DadsHemi is offline   Reply With Quote