Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-02-2020, 09:02 AM   #21
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by 432bartman View Post
That's always a great option.

Or use my option none because it doesn’t matter.
Lynwood

mlh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 09:03 PM   #22
rsaylor3
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #24033
I just did mine with McKees Nautical One One-Step Ceramic Polish using a dual action polisher. It turned out fantastic and got rid of a few scratches from a low tree branch!

I will say that after watching a few YouTube videos, where they compared f11, turtle wax seal n shine and others, that I am going to give the turtle wax a try. Seems to really last compared to all the others and is cheap to boot! Glad to see some here have had success with it as well.
rsaylor3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 04:47 AM   #23
Eagleback
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15731
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsaylor3 View Post
I just did mine with McKees Nautical One One-Step Ceramic Polish using a dual action polisher. It turned out fantastic and got rid of a few scratches from a low tree branch!

I will say that after watching a few YouTube videos, where they compared f11, turtle wax seal n shine and others, that I am going to give the turtle wax a try. Seems to really last compared to all the others and is cheap to boot! Glad to see some here have had success with it as well.

The new turtle wax hybrid is a better product than the seal and shine in a test by turtle wax.
2017, 3500 Ram Big Horn, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, Aisin Transmission, 4:10. Curt Q20, 2014 Mountaineer 331 RLT, Sailun's on the rv and truck.
Eagleback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 06:06 AM   #24
JEROME
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22972
I rely thank you for all the help with suggestions! Now who will come and help put it on HaHa . Well need to get ready for our trip to Keys Saturday.Thanks Jerome &Judy.
JEROME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 08:02 AM   #25
Last2Die
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22986
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHallof View Post
IMO...

Turtle Wax Hybrid. Watch you tube reviews and try a bit yourself. I did and was amazed. Excellent results and it doesn't break the bank. I use it on all my vehicles now.

https://www.turtlewax.com/en-us/our-...c-wax-coating/

Easy prep. Easy On. Easy Off. Once a year.
exactly !! That stuff works great, using it on my trailer and all 3 vehicles.
2018 3920fb 2020 GMC Denali 3500 4x4 Duramax, 10 speed Allison. LB SRW, Firestone air bags with Airlift wireless onboard compressor. Anderson Ultimate Hitch. MX4 folding cover. 50gal titan in bed transfer tank. Onan 6500 lp genset installed by me ! Had: 2 HF 3500 Inverters with Parallel Kit
Last2Die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 08:38 AM   #26
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2Die View Post
exactly !! That stuff works great, using it on my trailer and all 3 vehicles.

I think more brands are going the way of spray, and wipe dry wax. Thats the same method as the Wash/Wax All. Paying what $ 13 a pint, or $104 per gallon for Turtle Wax Hybrid ?? For the time being I'm sticking to the Wash/Wax All at $27 per gallon. I am thinking from the results I have seen so far on our car, its the stuff for me. It took 4-5 ounces to do our Ford Escape.

Lets get back on these spray ,and wipes in a few months ,and see how they are doing. I am curious how long they last, not what they claim, what they actually do. I have no idea how well they do. I do know the stuff I used put on as good a shine as any wax I have used .
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 10:47 AM   #27
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSFORD99 View Post
I think more brands are going the way of spray, and wipe dry wax. That's the same method as the Wash/Wax All. Paying what $ 13 a pint, or $104 per gallon for Turtle Wax Hybrid ?? For the time being I'm sticking to the Wash/Wax All at $27 per gallon. I am thinking from the results I have seen so far on our car, its the stuff for me. It took 4-5 ounces to do our Ford Escape.

Lets get back on these spray ,and wipes in a few months ,and see how they are doing. I am curious how long they last, not what they claim, what they actually do. I have no idea how well they do. I do know the stuff I used put on as good a shine as any wax I have used .
Wash/Wax All is not a base coat wax, it was designed more as a dry wash product and a very temporary shine mechanism, as it gained popularity with the show car industry for a quick temporary shine. The wax element is just a short term maintainer it has little protective qualities. It is designed to be used on top of a Sealer to maintain and help it last longer. I use it on my Wrangler and Tesla 1-2 times a week however both have Nano Technology Ceramic coatings.

Also the others that are discussing these Ceramic Spray on coatings must realize that is a marketing red herring. The Ceramic properties of the spray on products has little ceramic protection. The liquified ceramic sealers require re-application more than once per year whereas Nano technology Ceramic will last years in most cases before reapplication is needed.

The other thing is if you do not start with a good clean base nothing you apply will last very long. If you have not claybar'ed your RV first you are missing the most important step, that should be done at a minimum every two years. Clay Bar will remove all the impurities on the surface and in the pores then providing a clean base for the sealers to adhere. Otherwise you are just sealing in the dirt and oxidation. which will undermine your sealer/waxing efforts.
lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 11:42 AM   #28
psomers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12724
I'm a big fan of clay bar on a painted vehicle but haven't found it very effective on gel coat fiberglass.
On painted vehicles after a wash and even a wax, if your finger tips lightly over the surface feels like the surface is gritty, clay bar properly applied will fix the gritty feeling.

Paul Northport,AL W4XH
2013 358 RLT Mountaineer
2008 Silverado Duramax
psomers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 01:15 PM   #29
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
Quote:
Originally Posted by psomers View Post
I'm a big fan of clay bar on a painted vehicle but haven't found it very effective on gel coat fiberglass.
On painted vehicles after a wash and even a wax, if your finger tips lightly over the surface feels like the surface is gritty, clay bar properly applied will fix the gritty feeling.
Claybar is absolutely effective on fiberglass, however because fiberglass is not a hard smooth surface like paint you do not notice that glass like smoothness you get on paint. However Claybar is designed to remove contaminents from the surface and is equally effective as on paint you just do not get that real glass like feel on a RV whereas the higher quality gelcoat on many boats you get that paint feel. Montana Fiberglass work is extremely poor quality I assume because it is all high production and chopped...
lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 06:54 AM   #30
psomers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12724
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsout View Post
Claybar is absolutely effective on fiberglass, however because fiberglass is not a hard smooth surface like paint you do not notice that glass like smoothness you get on paint. However Claybar is designed to remove contaminents from the surface and is equally effective as on paint you just do not get that real glass like feel on a RV whereas the higher quality gelcoat on many boats you get that paint feel. Montana Fiberglass work is extremely poor quality I assume because it is all high production and chopped...
With your enthusiasm I may give it another try. I used it hoping to help remove a slight oxidation. Could not tell it helped with the oxidation. A lite rubbing compound and elbow grease works best.

Paul Northport,AL W4XH
2013 358 RLT Mountaineer
2008 Silverado Duramax
psomers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 08:46 AM   #31
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsout View Post
Wash/Wax All is not a base coat wax, it was designed more as a dry wash product and a very temporary shine mechanism, as it gained popularity with the show car industry for a quick temporary shine. The wax element is just a short term maintainer it has little protective qualities. It is designed to be used on top of a Sealer to maintain and help it last longer. I use it on my Wrangler and Tesla 1-2 times a week however both have Nano Technology Ceramic coatings.

Also the others that are discussing these Ceramic Spray on coatings must realize that is a marketing red herring. The Ceramic properties of the spray on products has little ceramic protection. The liquified ceramic sealers require re-application more than once per year whereas Nano technology Ceramic will last years in most cases before reapplication is needed.

The other thing is if you do not start with a good clean base nothing you apply will last very long. If you have not claybar'ed your RV first you are missing the most important step, that should be done at a minimum every two years. Clay Bar will remove all the impurities on the surface and in the pores then providing a clean base for the sealers to adhere. Otherwise you are just sealing in the dirt and oxidation. which will undermine your sealer/waxing efforts.
Thanks for the info. although so far I have only used WashWax/All on my truck, and car. The results were great, and I will continue to use it on them. I have found that both our vehicles require little waxing or care on the paint. I see no need to wax them hardly at all. I used to be one of those two times a year guy, now they are lucky if they get waxed at all . They are both white , maybe thats the reason they still look new.

As far as the fifth wheel, having my doubts now using the Wash Wax/All. I have had great results ,and after five years my fifth wheel looks great. I use Rejex on the front cap, and Griots Liquid Gloss Poly wax on the rest . Graphics are perfect ,no fading or peeling. I have had no ill effects from either product on the graphics. There have been some that like to put 303 on their graphics thats something I haven't done.
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 01:47 PM   #32
dfb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17163
Mcquires ultimate marine I found works best for me...
dfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 02:13 PM   #33
Scott&Sue

M.O.C. #25983
I used this as well! Out of several products I tried looking for the perfect product for our Montana the Turtle Wax Ceramic Shrine was a superior product with the best results.
Scott&Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 02:52 PM   #34
allenclme
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23676
Which wax

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh View Post
Meguiars says their best and longest lasting wax is there Ultimate liquid.
Lynwood
I use this on all my cars and tried it on my Monty last fall. It is still beading up 8 months later. Looks good too. I put it on with machine polisher and take off by hand. It’s a good workout. I have yet to find anything that repels bugs off the front
allenclme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 04:03 PM   #35
Montana2019
Established Member

M.O.C. #22614
Professional Grade products so they are a little pricey but worth every penny in saved effort and results.
Menzurna Power Lock Polymer also under the name of Jescar Power Lock
If you prefer a Carnuba
Same brands but product is called Color Lock
No dust especially w power lock
Easy off
Shines, protects, and last great
They have a whole line of polishes as well if you need to work out swirling or what not.
I’ve been using Chemical Guys extreme body wash + wax for the soap and been pretty happy with it.
Aerospace 303 works good on molding, plastic dashes. Can be used on tires as well if needed.
Happy Travels
Montana2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 06:03 PM   #36
GEWilson49

M.O.C. #21140
5r Easy Wax Job

I use aircraft wax. Dampen applicator and just rub off. No great pressure necessary. Looks like new.
GEWilson49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 04:49 AM   #37
Frank64
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #24370
F11 is the way to go

Enjoy the Keys!!
Old 06-08-2020, 07:35 AM   #38
prk7
Established Member

M.O.C. #18815
Send a message via AIM to prk7
McGuire's cleaner wax works best for me, the one in the pink bottle.
prk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 09:12 AM   #39
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
I just used Meguire's marine cleaner and wax on the back of ours - and it shines again. I did need their medium cut cleaner with wool buffer pad first though to remove over a year's worth of crud. I'll be using that marine wax on the rest of the 5er as well though the sides don't need the medium cut cleaner as they were well waxed last fall.
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 09:39 AM   #40
jhudson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13711
Works great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagleback View Post
I just got and used the turtle wax hybrid ceramic wax coat. Spray on wipe off. I polished with nufinish then sprayed this on and man i tell you the 6 year old rv looks brand new. The Youtube reviews are real good. the cost 12 dollars a bottle and more than enough for the rv. safe for decals also.
I went out and bought this product based on this post. I have to say my 2014 3725 looks like new. Front and rear caps .....well unbelievable for a almost 7 year old rig. Yes I have taken super care of it over the years, but it looks like new! So pleased!

One qualifier, if you have oxidation, remove it first then apply this product and you will be pleased.

I have always been a fan of Turtle wax products and always used their Express shine with very good results but this Ceramic spray coating is so much better. Another note is that a little goes a long ways.
jhudson is offline   Reply With Quote