Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 01-28-2005, 04:29 AM   #41
Montana_1190
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1190
Bill, thanks for your number! Steve, I know about libraries but it didn't even enter my mind, thanks for the reminder! I can access my email from the web and I'll make sure to have all of my user ID's and passwords. I sure hope we can meet up with everyone. Mother Nature isn't going to cooperate...it's supposed to snow tonight and tomorrow but we may still be able to leave on Sunday.

Montana_1190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 06:05 AM   #42
Countryfolks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #116
We're in Nacogdoges for the next 4 days or so. A new place on the SW side of town, Paradise Lake Resort.

Skip
Countryfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 09:39 AM   #43
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
John, what kind of problems are you having with your wi-fi? I'm not an expert but do have some experience with it and I'm sure there are others more knowledgeable than I in this forum. I just recently set mine to auto connect to any available access point. The truck's laptop (for gps) also has wi-fi and when we stop for the night and I check it out it amazes how many access points there were along the way. They usually include Flying J, TA travel centers, etc. It's fun while filling with fuel to see if there's any I can actually get online with (freebies, in other words). Now that Texas is going to have free wi-fi in all its rest areas and welcome centers we may just have to check email when we stop.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 10:28 AM   #44
JLBOZ60
Montana Master

M.O.C. #826
It was our pleasure to meet while here in Beaumont John & Donna (OntMont) and Steve & Evelyn (Southstl). We look forward to meeting again in the Valley with other members of the MOC forum. We will be at Edinburg at Valley Gateway RV Park around February 6. We wish safe travels to all.
JLBOZ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 11:51 AM   #45
Southstl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19
The pleasure was ours John and Marge. And we will see you guys again in about 3 weeks. Have a safe trip.
Southstl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 12:44 PM   #46
Montana_895
Established Member

M.O.C. #895
John and Marge it was wonderful to see the both of you again. We really enjoyed our visit and look forward to see you again in a few weeks.
Montana_895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 03:42 PM   #47
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bill and Ann

OntMont: John and Donna give us a call when you get in. I think we are going to be around Benston Palms this weekend to meet Eugene at Bluebonnet.
Well, we finally made it. We are (almost) settled into site 623 at Bentsen Palm Village. (The "Village" bit is important because there are several campgrounds with similar names). B.P.V. is near the end of Bentsen Palm Drive (not Bentsen Rd), south of Mission at the entrance to Bentsen State Park. We had directions, so were able to find our way OK, but I can see that it could be confusing if you did not know the way.

It is a new park, the site we are in is brand new, we are the first occupants. Unfortunately our site is so new that the lanscaping is not finished and it looks a bit bleak. The older parts of the park look quite attractive, and no doubt it will improve as the landscaping matures. We have free WiFi and it seems to be working well enough for me to write this message, although the signal strength shows "low".

Looking forward to reconnecting with some of our Rally friends again.

OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 04:04 PM   #48
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

John, what kind of problems are you having with your wi-fi?
Hi Steve, I'm not sure I am competent to give a technical description of the problems I an/was having. I just kept getting "Page cannot be displayed" messages.

At the first two campgrounds we stopped at with WiFi, we ended up in sites that were very close to the antenna, (25 yds direct line of sight out our back window.) I expected to get a good signal strength but I only got "very low" or nothing. I tried tinkering around with some settings and options, but it did not help. Eventually I reloaded the software and it seems to work now, but the signal is still "low" with speed 1Mbps.

I also have problems using Outlook for e-mail (can't find my ISP's server), but I can use web based E-mail instead, so that does not matter too much. I was hoping for a solid connection because I have some other work to do via the internet.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 03:08 AM   #49
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Update on the Stevens progress.

Managed to pull out of Tipton on Thursday AM, temps running 4 below. Yep, the slides went in, yep, they stopped about half way in, yep, started right back up, yep, moved VERYYYYYYY slow!

Drove 390 miles Thursday, still COLD in Watson, Illinois, found a cute little place to stay, airport, driving range (too cold to even contemplate golf), restaurant, and a surname that my bestest friend is researching (us family history buffs, always on the lookup for surnames!).

Drove 380 miles yesterday, partly in the rain, ick. We are in Brinkley Arkansas, just west of Memphis Tennessee, it is about 40 degrees, raining, ick, and we are staying here one more night. Al still is not feeling 100% and he needs a little wound healing time.

I drove again yesterday (only the second time since we have had this baby) and I am again reminded how wonderful this unit pulls, WOWIE, what a dream to pull! Just like it ain't back there.

We figure it is probably another 3 day pull to the Rio Grande, we still have NO idea where we will be staying, so will update everyone when we find out ourselves!

Cheers, see ya all sometime in Texas!

Carol
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 08:00 AM   #50
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
John, I use Outlook Express but Outlook should be similar. I used to have the same problem with getting email from my dialup ISP. Here's what finally solved it for me.

Go to Tools/Accounts/ and click on your isp account, click Properties. On the Servers tab, at the bottom, put a checkmark in the box that says "Server Requires Authentication". Bingo, for me anyhow.

A "low" wi-fi setting is still better than most websites can seem to deliver anyhow so I wouldn't worry too much about that. I've had that same page not found problem sometimes and a reboot seems to fix it. I still don't know why. It happens only occasionally. If anyone knows the answer to this, please jump in. This happens maybe once every ten days or so for me. I just figured either some of the park's hardware was either briefly down or was at capacity. I really don't know.

Carol & Al, y'all (practicing my south'rn) drive safe. Glad to hear you're out of the ice and snow and hope this ice storm I'm hearing about isn't in the area you are in or going through.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 08:13 AM   #51
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Thanks Steve,

So, far, it appears we have managed to outdrive the storm. We were a tad bit worried about it yesterday, but all's well that ends well, it ended well with temps warm enough to onload water and take long showers!

We are licking the road wounds today, but think we will be back out there takin' tread off the tires tomorrow AM! Well, we HOPE we will be back out there tomorrow! If not, I will work on files and craft projects, and enjoy sitting in my Montana!

Carol
Old 01-29-2005, 08:47 AM   #52
Southstl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19
You folks are sure making it tough having to wait before we can leave. But, if you are passing by the North end of Houston, give us a shout. Or, I will be in the Beaumont area next week (again), I will be staying at Gulf Coast RV Resort for the week.

Everyone drive safely.
Old 01-29-2005, 08:55 AM   #53
Southstl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19
Looks like John and Marge made it to Victoria. :+))
Old 01-29-2005, 10:32 AM   #54
JLBOZ60
Montana Master

M.O.C. #826
Yes Steve we are in search of warmer weather, and if you hurry you can join us and the others in the valley Just drive safely
JLBOZ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 10:41 AM   #55
Montana_1190
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1190
Well, my husband is hooking up as we speak! There is snow on the ground, still have some loading up to do, but if all goes well we will head out in the morning. I sure hope the sun is out the WHOLE time we are there! Nothing wrong with wishful thinking is there?
Montana_1190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 11:14 AM   #56
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Boy! Reading this page make me glad we got to the Valley in November. Drive Safe
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 07:56 AM   #57
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
I have printed out the 6 pages on this subject and I will summarize what I have captured from all the reading. The get-together will be the 3rd Thurs. in Feb. which is the 17th.
So far, from what I have read the following people have expressed an interest to attend:

Name: Staying At:
Bill and Ann Adobe Wells Park
Vickster (Ron and Vickie) Victoria Palms
Country Guy (Al and Carol) Llano Grande Lake Park
Eugene Bluebonnet RV Park
Southstl (Steve and Evelyn) Valley Gateway RV Park
OntMont (John and Donna) Benston Palm Village
Ormee and Ginette Benston Palm Village
Kimmrg (Kim and Steve) unknown
JimnPat (Jim and Pat) Rio Grande Bible Institute
MEinMO unknown
JLBOZ60 (John and Marge) Valley Gateway RV Park
contau lake (Bill and Sharran) unknown
steves (Steve and Betty) unknown

Possibles
RonS (Ron)
foggyb (Dan and Sandy)
Countryfolk (Skip and Mary)

If I have missed anyone or made a mistake in what I have posted, pls update the list.
Since Random Line has unfortunately had to cancel I guess someone has to stand up to the plate and take a swing at things. Just to try to find a place for a meet I have contacted Mr. Gatti's in McAllen, 4100 N. 2nd (Col. Rowe Blvd.) just North of Nolana, and have booked Feb. 17 at 3:00 to 4:30. (The only time available.) The cost will be $4.79 + tax per person. No cost for the room. The room capacity is 36 people. It is booked under MOC and I have left my name (Bill Weaver) as a contact with Mr. Gatti's.
If this isn't ok. Let me know and I will cancel.
Now, if someone will put their hand up to MC.
Old 01-30-2005, 08:28 AM   #58
Countryfolks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #116
Bill and Ann;

We'll probably be there. Dont know where we'll stay. We've never been in that part of the country. Would you give the address of Mr. Gatti's, or is McAllen small enough to make finding it easy?

Skip
Countryfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 08:39 AM   #59
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Skip and Mary: Sorry I didn't give the address in the former post. Mr. Gatti's is at 4100 N. 2nd (Col. Rowe Blvd.) It is just a bit north of Nolana on 2nd.
Old 01-30-2005, 12:01 PM   #60
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Sounds fine to us, what kind of food is at this joint???

We made Dallas today, drove the last 100 miles or so, in the rain. That is always so much fun! (I was driving, not the Mr. Countryguy!)

Have not made plans yet about tomorrow's travel or place to stay in the Rio Grande, we will let you know when we know!

So, it is raining and 40 degrees here, ENOUGH already, this is NOT Michigan!

Carol

I can MC, if no one else wants to, write the script!