Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-29-2014, 10:22 AM   #1
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
Wholsale Warranty.com ???

Please I don't want to start a debate over purchased warranty coverage vs. banking the $$. I am simply looking for anyone who may have used this company to purchase an extended warranty for their trailer. Looking for problems or satisfaction or any info you can share with me.

Thanks

RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 10:55 AM   #2
Glenn the fifth
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7117
Hello Bob, I had never heard of them, but saw your post and was bit curious. I went into "Google" and googled "Wholesalewarranties.com". First thing I noticed was a post about the domain being for sale and there were also a couple of "rip off reports" right on the first page. Just a tid bit for you. -Glenn
Glenn the fifth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 11:43 AM   #3
jswharton
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10100
I have used them, think they are located in San Diego. They were very professional and represent several companies. I just cancelled one policy on the old Montana and purchased one for the new. And it went seamless. They appear to have very good pricing. Was at lease 30% better than most. The contract I got was the same coverage as GS and the company the dealer represents.

Never had a claim but have some internet buddies that have and all went well. Think they are in it for the long haul.

Good luck
jswharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 02:14 PM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We have used Wholesale warranties for our first 7 years warranty. They are brokers like perhaps your local insurance agent. We purchased a Rv shield policy through them and were glad we did as we used it many times on our 06 3400.

They did have some problems a few years ago with I believe some poor management but that was cleared up.
We purchased the EW on the 2013 Big Sky through Good sam ESP and are using it now with not a problem.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 03:41 PM   #5
7.3Ford
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9808
We purchased a 7-year that picked up after the 1 year warranty ended (within a few days of expiration) from Wholesale Warranties.

Never had a claim yet, but called once when I thought the water heater went out, and they said I could use anyone that had a business license, even mobile repair company. I found the problem the next day, and it was the Water Heater Bypass value was on, so no claim.

The company that they sold me, had $50 deductible (I think GE is the parent company). Cost was around $1,200 in Oct 2010 for 7 years, so the Monty will be covered for 8 years (1 year warranty + 7 years Extended).
7.3Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 05:05 PM   #6
chieflawdawg
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6935
We bought the seven year coverage that started after our original year warranty. Haven't had to use it yet, and hope that we don't have to. But it is transferable if you sell your rv (good selling point) or you can swap it to your new rig when you buy one.
chieflawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 05:29 AM   #7
bigred715
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5091
We bought WholeWarranties when we purchased our 2010 Montana. Have used it twice for bad kitchen holding tank and had to pay shipping of new tank only. Used it again when faulty campground pedestal blew out our convection microwave. They would not replace microwave, but paid to have dealer repair it. We paid about $1120 for 7 yrs back then, but they have raised the price since then according to my brother who bought a 2013 trailer last year.
bigred715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 02:59 PM   #8
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
Well we did it. I asked as many questions as I could think of and read the entire Protrek contract we purchased the warranty for our 2005 2955RL. It has been a great trailer and it is in GREAT shape. The Wholesale Warranty company sent an independent RV tech/inspector to go over our trailer from stem to stern. It was really an interesting two hours. The RV inspection was very detailed, and the inspection was performed to eliminate any pre existing conditions that may have been before the warrant trailer, he found no deficiencies and nothing to correct. I was pretty proud of the third party evaluation of the trailer. So now we have a 4 year coverage that can be transferred if we sell the Monty and also we have the option to renew in the future without another inspection. There is a strong possibility for a return to Alaska in 2015, this will offer a little more piece of mind.

So far the people who I have talked to seem pretty professional and upfront. Time will tell if I mad a good decision.

Happy Fourth of July to all!
Old 07-03-2014, 04:38 PM   #9
GreatWhite
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13339
I'm in the process with them. I need to contact them after the holidays in order to get someone to survey my RV. it's required by them. Regarding Glenn's comment. I've never seen their website being down... but, the first thing I checked on was their BBB rating.. it is GOOD and that's a good sign. On some other forums, they get good reports.. but many are from people who have had it and have never had to use it. However, the ones who have turned in claims seem quite satisfied. The claims seem to be well handled and the price seems either run line or better than many. As mentioned above, they are brokers.. not unlike an in dependent insurance agent that sells many different products.
GreatWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 05:40 AM   #10
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
We had our mandatory trailer inspection last Monday. The inspection was very detailed. Not only did he check if things worked, for example the A/C but he measured the actual temperature. Checked voltages of all outlets. The inspector must have taken 30 to 40 pictures, even took a picture of each tire, specifically looking at the tread wear. I have never gone through this before but it was rewarding to receive a clean bill of health for our Montana. We have always kept in tip top shape, it was nice to hear his positive comments of our trailer.

If I never need to use the warranty in the next four years that is just fine with us. Another reason we were happy to get this warranty is now that we have this very detailed inspection documented and a warranty it becomes a great selling point for our trailer if we ever needed to sell it in the next few years. A great trailer with a warranty, doesn't get much better to a new buyer.

Happy Camping!
Old 07-11-2014, 04:37 AM   #11
GreatWhite
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13339
Same here. We had our inspection on Wed. We are now covered for 6 yrs @ $100 deductible.
GreatWhite is offline   Reply With Quote